Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone know what it is/was?

Eric Blair

On the road to Lucky Dog, on the left, next to what was "Oh Shirt," there was, as I recall, a stairway up the side of the building to a place I think was called "La Palapas" or such. Very unassuming.

Anyone know about it?

As usual, I have too much time and want to learn something I don't know.

I rather not just walk in blind.

Thanks.

It is an old bar. I have been inside it. there is an old pool table and even some of the old pool balls but I saw no dancing pole.

Several of us were also invited up there when the air show was in town. We watched it from the patio.

But they also have several large pit bulls and some other dogs and sometimes one stays on that patio so I wouldnt do any how would say roaming without getting permission. Like I've seen on YouTube what do they call it Urban Exploring

There's a new restaurant that went up right across the street that even shows up on Google maps. The Google map when you click it even has menus.

It's called Tacos La Curba or is it curva but anyway they sell a whole lot more than just tacos.

I think the name originated and stayed because they had one of those mobile taco stands for the longest time and I think that's all you could get was tacos then. I think all the mechanic shops around used them

That's not what this post is about but it is something that has popped up and I have eaten there a couple of times have tried several items and it's good.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

I was told it was a now closed "gentleman's club". Another local said its name was La Curva. The mechanics shop below says it still has a pole.

By the way the Whole Area is called La Curba.

I can't remember at this moment but the bar wasn't called la curba

It's old name is still on it just super faded

If you catch a bus in chapala to Santa Cruz or Mezcala or any town in that direction. When you enter the bus and are telling him where you are going you can say La Curba and he will take your pesos and stop right there

4 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I was told it was a now closed "gentleman's club". Another local said its name was La Curva. The mechanics shop below says it still has a pole.

That certainly wasn't in my thinking.

Guess there wasn't a market for it Lakeside.

20 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

On the road to Lucky Dog, on the left, next to what was "Oh Shirt," there was, as I recall, a stairway up the side of the building to a place I think was called "La Palapas" or such. Very unassuming.

Anyone know about it?

As usual, I have too much time and want to learn something I don't know.

I rather not just walk in blind.

Thanks.

Well they have taken down the Oh shirt sign and you can see now it was called El Mirador. There sign had been covered by the shirt one