Chapala.com Webboard

Receiving RX's at I-Shop or Sol de Luna.

2 hours ago, Julie McKown said:

How does it work, costs, etc., to send my US prescriptions to I-Shop or Sol de Luna?  

Gracias

The difficulty is getting them through aduana (customs).

The American Legion has explored all the options so we veterans could receive our med's from the VA here in Mexico and the answer is always the same- they'll never make it out of customs and they will not be returned to the sender. 

Your script needs to be on your person if you cross with med's. Asking someone else to bring them is risky for them. The best option short of bringing enough with you if you're just here visiting is to see a local doctor and get a script for the same or similar med here.

I quit having them shipped to I-Shop because customs ignored the invoice price (very low) and preferred to charge duty on some price list they maintained, which was far higher. Also added expense of I-Shop's charges to bring parcels down here from Laredo. 

For me, an old man who takes all kinds of meds, the best solution is to bring a 90 day supply of meds that are mostly paid for by Medicare, three times per yea (I go north three times per year)r. Now 90 days of pills purchased three times per year up north turns out to be 270 days not 365 days of meds. However several of the meds I take, vary upon how high my blood pressure is or how fast my heard beat rate is and I am given a higher dose with instructions to cut my pill or pills in have, much of the year.

Other meds are so cheap down here that I  pay less retail in Mexico than I pay up north after Medicare has paid their share of the cost.

Between a visit up there once and year, and our daughter visiting here once a year (no problem for her bringing my meds in unopened shipping containers with the prescriptions inside), that is all I need.

5 hours ago, chapalence said:

The difficulty is getting them through aduana (customs).

The American Legion has explored all the options so we veterans could receive our med's from the VA here in Mexico and the answer is always the same- they'll never make it out of customs and they will not be returned to the sender. 

Your script needs to be on your person if you cross with med's. Asking someone else to bring them is risky for them. The best option short of bringing enough with you if you're just here visiting is to see a local doctor and get a script for the same or similar med here.

If you have a physician that will understand your situation he can write the fill amount for 180 with one refill. Now the hang up is that only works if you are paying out of pocket. The insurance will only pay for 90 fill. Also i have used physicians will write the 5 mg as 10 without the instruction to half them then you just remember to half them yourself. It  will take some physician shopping  to do it but it is worth is. After all they accuse some physicians of writing narcotic script that is not needed for pain so they are out there.