Chapala.com Webboard

Another waste of my time, however =====

Eric Blair

this might help the one person who doesn't know this.

The sanitizing jells in the pump bottles are totally useless when it comes to Corona-virus.

The jells are antibacterial, that means they kill bacteria. They do not kill a virus. In fact, using them to try to ward off a virus can cause you to have a false sense of security.

The jell stays on your hands, as does whatever it has on it, even dead bacteria.

Washing your hands with soap and water does not kill the virus, what it does is get it off your hands and down the drain where it will die after a period of time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Exactly.  This is more about the sensationalist ignoramus media hype than a real plague.  Far more die from the flu every year and this thing is seems to be a variation on flu as much as anything.  What does make it more dangerous is the lack of symptoms for much of the time a person is contagious, so it is very hard to isolate.

If it slows down with the onset of Spring and Summer that will be another indication it is just a new kind of flu.

Always remember, in the end no one gets out alive.  :D 

But for those that do die, the mortality rate is 100%.

Maincoons has the right idea; you don't like my posts, you thing/feel they are useless, etc. don't read them. 

Money is power, but knowledge can, in many cases, be more powerful.

And I want to thank those many people who, over the years, have sent me PMs thanking me for information and telling me to ignore those who have nothing to do but bash people for no good reason.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Exactly.  This is more about the sensationalist ignoramus media hype than a real plague.  Far more die from the flu every year and this thing is seems to be a variation on flu as much as anything.  What does make it more dangerous is the lack of symptoms for much of the time a person is contagious, so it is very hard to isolate.

If it slows down with the onset of Spring and Summer that will be another indication it is just a new kind of flu.

Always remember, in the end no one gets out alive.  :D 

What you say is correct. Many of us Lakeside have more at stake. The stats are very clear that "older" people, those 55+ are more likely to die since the immune system "degrades" with age.

I never said to stop living and don't go out of your house, etc. 

I also agree, the media hype if a big draw. I look much more at the daily information put out by the CDC. I read and, believe it or not, understand studies currently being done, which are encouraging. I look at how possible vaccines are bring fast-tracked due to the spread of the virus into a pandemic. 

Again: save the snarky comments and block or ignore me. 

According to the CDC, guess how many people in America died of influenza in the 2017-2018 illness “season” (November through March).  Please be sitting down.  61,000.

“The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.” 

Last season (2018-2019), we fared better.  The CDC reports 35 million flu illnesses, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths.  That’s still over thirty-four thousand of us dying of the flu in just a few months.

And we’re supposed to freak out over something that hasn’t killed any of us yet and 34 in the whole world outside of China so far?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tomgates said:

According to the CDC, guess how many people in America died of influenza in the 2017-2018 illness “season” (November through March).  Please be sitting down.  61,000.

“The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.” 

Last season (2018-2019), we fared better.  The CDC reports 35 million flu illnesses, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths.  That’s still over thirty-four thousand of us dying of the flu in just a few months.

And we’re supposed to freak out over something that hasn’t killed any of us yet and 34 in the whole world outside of China so far?

Thumbs up.. Exactly!!!!!

This truly has gone on long enough. Eric Blair at no point indicated that he was freaking out in any threads concerning this topic. Everyone else chose to jump down his throat for merely discussing something about a very-much-in-the-news topic, including a "safety" issue about hand sanitizer that people may not have known. This board is supposed to be here to help others. You may not like Eric, but his posts certainly do not warrant the patronizing attitude of so many members.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

All any of you have to do is use the ignore function of this board if you don't want to see the posts of any other member.

Also since the list of thread topics includes the topic starter it is very easy to bypass and not open those threads.  

MC, with all due respect, his posts are off topic for this part of the forum, at the very least; this is not a "stream of consciousness" section for global insecurities and a moderator.....and you may know one or more of those....should handle it appropriately.

Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara

This board is for people with interest in the Lake Chapala area and in moving to Mexico.

• Thanks 1

Why exactly is he "off topic for this part of the forum"? There are several other, far more ludicrous (although this one has certainly morphed into one of those, for no apparent reason), threads here about Covid-19. Many people here use hand sanitizer gel. Y'all just don't like the guy, and think that simple rhetoric can rid yourselves of him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2