Chapala.com Webboard

How would you like to get this email from your Fracc's BOD?

Eric Blair

On 2/25/2020 at 8:30 PM, lakeside7 said:

I would encourage all HOA Boards considering a new well reach out and talk with other HOA who have had experience in New wells. They are expensive projects which frequently do not produce the promised amounts of water

So what would be your recommendation? Should we do nothing and have no water soon? As it is, water is now being delivered 3 hours per day instead of 4. Next they will deliver water every other day, and by May the pump in the existing well will be above the water level. But sure, we should wait until someone can promise us water.

Gimme a break.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chapalence said:

So what would be your recommendation? Should we do nothing and have no water soon? As it is, water is now being delivered 3 hours per day instead of 4. Next they will deliver water every other day, and by May the pump in the existing well will be above the water level. But sure, we should wait until someone can promise us water.

Gimme a break.

I thought my "recommendation" was c! ear..check with other HOA and learn the pit falls and go forward...by the way how many free loaders do you have in that Fracc.....maybe a one on one discussion with them would bring down your per homeowner assessment

15 hours ago, Tingting said:

My memories are rusty, but I believe it's because the law states that you cannot cut off water as it's one of the people's rights; however, you can severely restrict the amount by delivery and those who are in the moroso status get theirs cut down to 10%. Of course, I think another very good help was/is the list of morosos that gets published every few months. Amazing how many (still) morosos are now in a "paying it off" status.While I won't saw who/where/whatever, our neighbor was one of the most blatant and the amount has gone down TREMENDOUSLY since the first time the name/address appeared on the "List of Shame" and the most recent one. Sometimes it actually pays to work within the system.

Over the years fracs and condos have tried to collect from morosos. You can put a device in the line to restrict flow. You may also cut the water to the lot off completely but have to have a public faucet or tap available for the remoso to bring his bucket down to get his water. That has been considered as "not cutting the water off completely" the benefit has been mixed. Morosos who won't pay their fair share think nothing of running a hose to a vacant casa and stealing the water. It's a tough situation without an easy solution. It is hard to enforce the rules even municipalities can't or won't force the sale of properties to collect taxes though the laws do exist on the books. 

The GDL condo complex where we bought an apartment to house our students from Oaxaca is otherwise completely owned by Mexicans and had a significant moroso problem.  The paying owners solved it by installing a new manager and really cracking down with the water flow restriction.  That got fast results as most of the moroso apartments were rentals and the tenants raised hell with the owners and some even moved out.  Of course this won't work in a fracc where the morosos are owners of vacant lots and not using water anyway.

I understand Jalisco passed some tougher condo laws to help deal with the moroso problem.  Maybe the fracc's board should do some research and see if there are new avenues for applying pressure.

9 hours ago, geeser said:

Over the years fracs and condos have tried to collect from morosos. You can put a device in the line to restrict flow. You may also cut the water to the lot off completely but have to have a public faucet or tap available for the remoso to bring his bucket down to get his water. That has been considered as "not cutting the water off completely" the benefit has been mixed. Morosos who won't pay their fair share think nothing of running a hose to a vacant casa and stealing the water. It's a tough situation without an easy solution. It is hard to enforce the rules even municipalities can't or won't force the sale of properties to collect taxes though the laws do exist on the books. 

You're absolutely right, but the same folks who think nothing of not paying their fair share also think nothing of breaking/altering/whatever to the devices. I've  also seen the "lost" hose that somehow managed to find its way to an empty lot and connect itself up...all while the output end is at home. Another problem is that a lot of homes are still under previous owners' names as far as the fracc knows. Heck, there are at least 3 on our street and 2 of them are dead!

Slainte, while lakeside could have said it a bit more tactfully, that doesn't change the kernel of truth that was intended. There have actually been folks who have said, "Why should I pay? Let the gringos." Of course, the vast majority on BOTH sides are conscientious, I think we all just get frustrated at how little can be done to get the slackers off their asses.