Chapala.com Webboard

How would you like to get this email from your Fracc's BOD?

Eric Blair

Sérstakur fundur stjórnar Fracc Chapala Haciendas var haldinn til að kjósa um útgáfu sérstaks námsmats.

=======================

Chapala Haciendas had a meeting for a special assessment for a needed $2,000,000 peso for a new well, which is very much needed.

No real details were provided other than they had three sites chosen by a "Water Dowser."

The members are offered a copy of the "Estimate" to review, but it is only in Spanish. I would say 75% of the owners do not speak/read Spanish fluently, including myself. And this is just an estimate, but we know the Devil is in the details.

I believe, just as a regular/Annual/Special meeting must have a Spanish interpreter, that a written document to be voted on must be available in English to those who do not read Spanish.

Remember, this is only the estimate. What about the contract itself.

I for one want to know the details. What if they don't find water at one of the spots chosen? What is there are unexpected problems? What if there is a cost-overrun? 

I am asking the BOD to make an English copy, otherwise, the members are being asked to sign a document that they may not understand.

Same for any final contract.

Am I too off base?

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Why ask your questions here instead of going to the meeting on Saturday and asking people who have answers?

Sometimes people need time to read and digest a proposition to be able to understand it fully.

I went to the first meeting a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea why a second one was called, that was not mentioned in the email.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Guiness said:

There has already been one information meeting on this. You should have attended rather than belly ache here. 

I did attend the meeting and raised the point about wanting to see the contract. I was told there was no contract yet. Nothing about an "estimate." 

Maybe nobody cares. Maybe the BOD will respond to the query I asked the office manager to send to each member of the BOD.

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

It is the "season" for holding Fracc AGMs have you had one and was this item discussed..How many delinquent owners do you have there....but still expect to receive all the service's??

Your point being  - - - - -?

It sounds like you might not have much choice if you want to have water but keep bugging them. I have been through a similar situation and the new well turned out to be a bit of a dud but we had to pay in advance for it. Each home owner had to pay 10,000. Can you organize some people to put pressure on the HOA? How much are the delinquent dues? Could the HOA be forced to collect that first?

59 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

Your point being  - - - - -?

The point being: how the hell are we supposed to know the answers to your questions or whether you are off base or not? What do you expect people on the web board to do? Not surprisingly, looks like you once again find yourself needing legal advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I raise points of interest. I look for other opinions and thoughts. I don't look for negatives or sarcasm.  Sometimes a well taken point will give me more information to consider and process.

I believe that he who thinks makes others think. IMO, it accomplishes nothing positive to judge, better to either contribute something, including other points, but not random negativeness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

I cannot, and perhaps a better term than "rule" is " law".

What was told to me was that a fracc cannot deprive a resident of water, but they may restrict  the water delivery. The road to this solution was hammered out between the bod, attorneys, and Simapa. Again, this was told to me, I was not there. 

This has garnered repayment of a considerable sum of money, but it is a constant battle. There will always be morosos for a variety of reasons.

I don't know that it's a law either, but it seems logical and reasonable, which the laws are not always.

Maybe best dropped and I will learn from my posting.

Bottom line....we still a new well or you have no water. Pretty simple. Eric,get in the game. No options. Choices are two

Water or No water. Maybe you would be a great candidate to volunteer your time and join the Board of Directors for the upcoming year. We need people who are passionate and have an interest about their investment in the Fracc they bought into. Sign up and help!!!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Guiness said:

Bottom line....we still a new well or you have no water. Pretty simple. Eric,get in the game. No options. Choices are two

Water or No water. Maybe you would be a great candidate to volunteer your time and join the Board of Directors for the upcoming year. We need people who are passionate and have an interest about their investment in the Fracc they bought into. Sign up and help!!!!

Not to mention information was sent house-to-house in BOTH Spanish and English and it pretty clearly laid out why a well was needed. There have also been e-mails sent. Is it inconvenient? Sure, but I hardly think this is some diabolic plot for the board to get a load of money out of everyone. Meanwhile, go to the meeting, ask questions until you're satisfied and then vote.

FWIW, we've seen several boards come and go. It's a thankless task and it's a lot easier to sit on the outskirts and criticize rather than to be one of those who are actually trying to make a difference in the fracc. JMHO. 

• Thanks 2

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 5:19 PM, oregontochapala said:

I cannot, and perhaps a better term than "rule" is " law".

What was told to me was that a fracc cannot deprive a resident of water, but they may restrict  the water delivery. The road to this solution was hammered out between the bod, attorneys, and Simapa. Again, this was told to me, I was not there. 

This has garnered repayment of a considerable sum of money, but it is a constant battle. There will always be morosos for a variety of reasons.

My memories are rusty, but I believe it's because the law states that you cannot cut off water as it's one of the people's rights; however, you can severely restrict the amount by delivery and those who are in the moroso status get theirs cut down to 10%. Of course, I think another very good help was/is the list of morosos that gets published every few months. Amazing how many (still) morosos are now in a "paying it off" status.While I won't saw who/where/whatever, our neighbor was one of the most blatant and the amount has gone down TREMENDOUSLY since the first time the name/address appeared on the "List of Shame" and the most recent one. Sometimes it actually pays to work within the system.

2 hours ago, Tingting said:

My memories are rusty, but I believe it's because the law states that you cannot cut off water as it's one of the people's rights; however, you can severely restrict the amount by delivery and those who are in the moroso status get theirs cut down to 10%. Of course, I think another very good help was/is the list of morosos that gets published every few months. Amazing how many (still) morosos are now in a "paying it off" status.While I won't saw who/where/whatever, our neighbor was one of the most blatant and the amount has gone down TREMENDOUSLY since the first time the name/address appeared on the "List of Shame" and the most recent one. Sometimes it actually pays to work within the system.

I am amazed when Moroso (mostly Mexicans) express "hurt"  feelings when they find their name on the list of shame...for some reason there is an expection of a free ride..how pray do they expect to receive water etc (or CFE) if they do not pay the cost of pumping etc...its the same sitution on HOA fees, many Fraccs have collectors and pay them 10-15% to collect from owners in Guadalajara ...its an obligation.... read the rules before you buy

• Thanks 1