Chapala.com Webboard

Faster internet in Jocotepec

Joco

17 minutes ago, DeborahM said:

I signed up last month, in Las Fuentes...so far so good! My internet speed is five times what it was with TelMex, for the same price. Currently they have a special promotion..pay in  advance, get twelve months for the price of nine

Wonderful! May I ask, what net speed is consistently achieved? 

3 hours ago, utilitus said:

One person on another board said she constantly gets 100MB up and down.  The highest package offered is 50MB so she is getting more than she paid for. Another is having problems getting the speed he ordered but it is still faster than Telmex. He said the company is excellent at responding and trying to fix problems. I won't have mine installed for a few days.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:26 AM, utilitus said:

I definitely don't get 100 up and down. The customer who gets that works online and is paying for the highest priced package.

However, I pay for the lowest cost package, and consistently get 30-plus up and down. Just to compare, my final day with TelMex, I was getting 5.14 up and  point 68 down. I am VERY happy with  UNET so far. My Amazon Firestick now works smoothly, no buffering at all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, southernguy said:

No, not available in San Juan, they cover Joco and come out as far as Las Fuentes.

Thanks!  I’m not completely up to speed on their delivery method but my understanding is it’s equivalent to “wireless fiber” which would require transmitters within reasonable proximity to the point of service.  Wonder is a sufficient number of customers would justify the capital upgrade needed to establish service in SJC. Will inquire with them tomorrow and post their reply. 

It's fiber optic until the modem then it can be wired or wireless to your computer.

I have friends who live in the development just east of Las Fuentes called Rancho Alegre. Unet won't go in there; iLox doesn't go that far; Telmex sucks and so does Telcel. They are, however, in a beautiful location with a spectacular view. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My Telmex line has been very reliable since I first got it in 1997. I said is was :) Then last Thursday night an old and abandoned telephone pole broke about ten feet from the top and toppled over until it was stopped by the telephone and the IZZI cable lines. The lines held up the broken end of the pole, but sadly both my Telmex and cable internet went down. I am now using my iPhone as a hot spot and have been doing so since Friday morning

• 4 weeks later...