Chapala.com Webboard

Peso Rate Alert

utilitus

The USDMXN rate is about 19.14 (per Forex.com) at 5:20 am Lakeside, up about 3% in 3 days.  This is in the context of worldwide 'financial' hysteria surrounding the spreading virus. Gold, expressed in dollars, is 1684/troy oz, a new record in some currencies.  The mortality rate of the virus seems to be about 2%.

It may be that the masks that people are wearing bought in a local pharmacy  are not  that effective . When they get wet, they are no longer useful. You really need the more protective ones.  And by the way......let all the people that work in the bakeries at Walmart and Sorriano....to pull the mask over their nose.  I am surprised they don't now they can breath in bacteria and viruses.

4 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

Follow the money and wear a mask, keep 2 meters distance and wash your hands, especially after handling paper/coin money.

A menu is one of the dirtiest items you can touch . As is the salt and pepper shakers. Bottom of purses, door handles, railings, ( think of the bus) No hugging or shaking hands.Think of board games.  Just a few things we do not think about with even with the normal flu. There are just so many many ways to pick up bad bugs.

3 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

I thought they said wearing a mask was not effective at preventing the spread of the coronavirus.

The cheap ones you get at the pharmacy are indeed pretty useless, especially if they get wet.  If we do get the bad virus, you need a much better mask. Oh by the way even with out the corona virus.......maybe someone can tell the people working in the bakeries at Sorriana and Walmart that it serves no purpose to just wear the mask at the mouth with the nose exposed.

Bacteria and viruses are more likely to be inhaled thru the nose than the mouth.   I tried, but they look at me like I am from Mars 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:34 AM, Newjersey expat said:

The cheap ones you get at the pharmacy are indeed pretty useless, especially if they get wet.  If we do get the bad virus, you need a much better mask. Oh by the way even with out the corona virus.......maybe someone can tell the people working in the bakeries at Sorriana and Walmart that it serves no purpose to just wear the mask at the mouth with the nose exposed.

Bacteria and viruses are more likely to be inhaled thru the nose than the mouth.   I tried, but they look at me like I am from Mars 

The masks will help an infected person no to transmit to others. They will have little or no effect as a protection against receiving the virus. Viruses enter through the eyes, nose, and mouth.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 5:38 PM, Mostlylost said:

The masks will help an infected person no to transmit to others. They will have little or no effect as a protection against receiving the virus. Viruses enter through the eyes, nose, and mouth.  

The CDC and WHO both say keep a 3-6 foot distance from others. Easier said than done in real world. 

What another poster said about surfaces is right; I'm thinking of disposable surgical or nitrile (blue) gloves.

Also, Google washing hands with diluted (to 5%) solution of Clorox, and a stronger solution for door knobs. New info is being learned every day.

I read the CDC and WHO notices daily.