Chapala.com Webboard

Disappointed, but quality good and I will go back.

Eric Blair

Went to Bruno's a couple of days ago. I have been going there for 15-years. 

I understand that over the years, costs have gone up and some portions/cans/bottles are made smaller and/or cost more. Anyway - - - - -

I ordered a steak. Always a good choice at Bruno's. The small potato was perfect, crisp and as I asked, w/o butter. Salad fine, but------

The steak, looked too large to be true, and it was. Because it was BBQ, it was all black, just as I like it.

So what's the problem?

My steak was at least 50% FAT.  Also, it was very stringy and very difficult to cut.

Next time, if I want steak, I will ask to see the uncooked piece of meat. If it doesn't look good, I'll go for the BBQ ribs.

My wife ordered the same and left a 40% tip (seems high to me, but I learned not to argue with a woman).

=30=

On 2/25/2020 at 6:23 AM, happyjillin said:

Exaggeration

No exaggeration. 50% blackened fat, not marbling  as in the photos, and very tough and stringy.

On 2/25/2020 at 6:23 AM, happyjillin said:

Rib eye must be fatty for flavour when grilled. No rib eye that I've ever seen has been 50% fatty . Exaggeration on your part I suspect because around here the usual fault is not enough fat. IN the raw meat foto is what you need and when it's done there ain't much fat noticeable.

perfect rib eye.JPG

bbq ribeye.jpg

Edited by Eric Blair
Add word

2 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

Exaggeration?

No exaggeration. Large chunks of blackened fat.                                                                                                                                       

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

No exaggeration. Large chunks of blackened fat.                                                                                                                                       

Yes major exaggeration. Of course you're not going to see the marbling because they don't bring the raw meat to your table only the finished grilled product like my second picture which was done blue rare and you cannot see the marbling. If you had "blackened" fat on yours you must have asked them to grill it until it became shoe leather. A lot of your posts suggest that someone or something has rained on your parade. Once more?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Yes major exaggeration.

A bit arrogant to argue with someone about what was on their plate when you weren't there, don't you think? Regardless of Eric's penchant for complaining posts, I'm sure he's far more aware of what he was served than you are.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

A bit arrogant to argue with someone about what was on their plate when you weren't there, don't you think? Regardless of Eric's penchant for complaining posts, I'm sure he's far more aware of what he was served than you are.

I agree.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The worst is when some people think they “know” about something... like steaks... if you don’t like fat, DONT ORDER RIBEYE!!!! Some want fillet for the price of carne asada, and some order ribeye expecting a soft and lean steak like fillet mignon... lol... learn about steaks first, complain after... 😂

• Like 2