Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Most likely it's not "If," but "When?"


Eric Blair
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm wondering if/when the Corona virus arrives Lakeside, will the government isolate those suspected of having it?

My guess would be that expats may be isolated in a hospital (and of course charged).

As of esta momento, there is no "cure," only palliative care.

I would probably opt to self-isolate. What would you do?

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been stocking up for a while now. Avoid going out where there’s a lot of people. They say this virus is contagious from people who don’t show symptoms yet so by the time the government starts to act this virus will have already spread.  It wouldn’t hurt to start partial self-isolation now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was Will Rogers which once said Governments always wait till we get into war to get ready for war. Why would the virus be any different. 

My stepdaughter which is a Doctora says there are cases in Guadalajara. 

If I remember in my nursing classes something like 95% of most bacterias and virus are killed just by washing your hands well and often. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems that in the past plagues, epidemics and downturns in the economy for other reasons happened in more frequent cycles. One would experience one or more of these events in a life time. As such old timers could pass on to the young their wisdom gained from these experiences. With advances in medicine and economic adjustments (money printing) young people are brought up thinking that stable life style is the way it has always been and will stay this way forever. It’s impossible to teach the young generation to live a frugal life, exercise and eat natural foods. Saving their money and living below their means is not in their plans.

Perhaps this virus will be a jolt in our reality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jreboll said:

young people are brought up thinking that stable life style is the way it has always been and will stay this way forever. It’s impossible to teach the young generation to live a frugal life, exercise and eat natural foods.

I don't know which young people you hang out with, but all the young people I know think and live exactly the opposite of what you say here. They have no illusions about the planet being able to sustain the type of consumerist "me, me" attitude that has been prevelant. They fear for the world their children will grow up in. They volunteer their time for worthy causes. They exercise, eat healthy, recycle, try not to create a bunch of garbage, and don't spend money on frivolous things.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vetteforron said:

I think it was Will Rogers which once said Governments always wait till we get into war to get ready for war. Why would the virus be any different. 

My stepdaughter which is a Doctora says there are cases in Guadalajara. 

If I remember in my nursing classes something like 95% of most bacterias and virus are killed just by washing your hands well and often. 

Did your stepdaughter say which hospital is treating them? 

I have three family members who are doctors in GDL and none are aware of anyone with Corona Virus COVID-19. They are aware of patients with the normal  flu virus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Did your stepdaughter say which hospital is treating them? 

I have three family members who are doctors in GDL and none are aware of anyone with Corona Virus COVID-19. They are aware of patients with the normal  flu virus. 

Excuse Eric, the proverbial shit-pot stirrer.

He has nothing better to do than play Henny-Penny.

Goodness gracious me!
 
—an acorn hit her upon the head. "Goodness gracious me!" said Henny-penny, "the sky's a-going to fall; I must go and tell the King."
 
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, kam said:

Eric, it is clear you are very worried about this and want others to either share in your worry or offer you reassurance. It is not working, you need to relax about this and take normal precautions to avoid contagious illness.

International borders are being closed and millions are being quarantined and you want to bury your head in the sand. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chapalence said:

Excuse Eric, the proverbial shit-pot stirrer.

He has nothing better to do than play Henny-Penny.

Exactly!   Thank you chapalence.     Eric, give it a rest, a BIG, rest.     And, por favor.....please stop posting all your topics here in lakeside when most of them do not relate to it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Did your stepdaughter say which hospital is treating them? 

I have three family members who are doctors in GDL and none are aware of anyone with Corona Virus COVID-19. They are aware of patients with the normal  flu virus. 

Yes but, I don't want to say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just headlines from Drudge. People panic sometimes. Best just wash hands often and try not to touch your face 2000 times a day. Which is my problem. I am worried about the economy. Mexico relies on tourist if information got out the stagnate economy here could get worse.  So many companies have products from China. It's only logical Mexico will not be immune. 

1000.jpeg

Italy rushes to contain outbreak... 

STOCKS SET FOR SPIRAL... 

CRAMER: Impact on companies 'more severe than thought'... 

Fear Grips SKorea Amid Mounting Cases... 

Judge blocks quarantine in CA city... 

Pair trapped in 'prison' hospital want Trump to rescue them... 

Moscow targets Chinese with raids... 

Tokyo Olympics Could Be Moved or Canceled... 

Iran Denies Cover-Up After Lawmaker Contradicts Official Figures...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

Just headlines from Drudge. People panic sometimes. Best just wash hands often and try not to touch your face 2000 times a day. Which is my problem. I am worried about the economy. Mexico relies on tourist if information got out the stagnate economy here could get worse.  So many companies have products from China. It's only logical Mexico will not be immune. 

1000.jpeg

Italy rushes to contain outbreak... 

STOCKS SET FOR SPIRAL... 

CRAMER: Impact on companies 'more severe than thought'... 

Fear Grips SKorea Amid Mounting Cases... 

Judge blocks quarantine in CA city... 

Pair trapped in 'prison' hospital want Trump to rescue them... 

Moscow targets Chinese with raids... 

Tokyo Olympics Could Be Moved or Canceled... 

Iran Denies Cover-Up After Lawmaker Contradicts Official Figures...

 

Read the history of the swine flue that originated in Mexico about 10 years ago. We all were all going to die from it if you had been watching CNN.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...