Chapala.com Webboard

Proof of residence Jalisco DMV

Annie Mo

As of early 2020, requirements for proof of residence seem to have tightened up at Jalisco DMV in Guadalajara. If you rent and bills are in your landlord's name, showing the CFE bill in the landlord's name plus your lease does not satisfy the requirements. For my second try I'm going to bring a local bank statement; however, since someone recently was not approved on that basis, I'm also going to get an official proof of residence from the government in Chapala.  We'll see which works.  It sometimes does seem to depend on who is  checking your paperwork.

59 minutes ago, Annie Mo said:

As of early 2020, requirements for proof of residence seem to have tightened up at Jalisco DMV in Guadalajara. If you rent and bills are in your landlord's name, showing the CFE bill in the landlord's name plus your lease does not satisfy the requirements. For my second try I'm going to bring a local bank statement; however, since someone recently was not approved on that basis, I'm also going to get an official proof of residence from the government in Chapala.  We'll see which works.  It sometimes does seem to depend on who is  checking your paperwork.

The vast majority of rentals in GDL have the CFE and Telmex accounts in the landlords name. If they are refusing those there will be thousands of people unable to provide (the stupid) proof of residence.