Chapala.com Webboard

McDonald's

Joanie

15 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

That makes your kids one in billions...

I know. I was lucky- it would have been a drag if they'd actually liked the McDonald's fare and started begging me to take them there. To this day, as adults, none of them eat junky food nor feed it to their kids.                                

11 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Now I´ll really confuse you…………….SW corner of the Libramiento, NW corner of the Carretera.

....or southeast of Tobolandia and west and across the Libramiento from Trip's Burger (where I'll have to admit I've never been!). In other words, PRIME real estate just waiting for a new hospital to be built upon!

Rick, you should try Trip's when you can. Let that be the bar for comparison. I personally find them pretty poor, and ridiculously overpriced. I like the fries, though.

Xena mentioned something about tastebuds, and she is not wrong. However, it's a misconception to think that it makes a difference when it comes to burgers around here. I have said this before: there is a cenaduria in San Antonio that makes a "Mexican" burger for 25p. 25p. I love it. It tastes like a burger should. It is way better than Trip's, at 3/4 of the price. I am not confusing the sophistication (or lack thereof) of my palette, or my appreciation for a rockin' good gourmet burger, with my basic awareness of what a decent burger should taste like.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:24 PM, vetteforron said:

Taco Bell, Taco Bell.....

"Taco Bell has attempted to enter the Mexican market twice. After a highly publicised launch in Mexico City in 1992, all the restaurants were closed two years later. In September 2007, Taco Bell returned to Monterrey, projecting an American image with an Americanized menu that included french fries, but it closed in January 2010 due to low patronage."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_Bell#North_America

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I know. I was lucky- it would have been a drag if they'd actually liked the McDonald's fare and started begging me to take them there. To this day, as adults, none of them eat junky food nor feed it to their kids.                                

My sister was/is the same way. Raising chickens, ducks, all on a tightknit island off Northern Vancouver Island. One day the oldest said " it was just gross Mom, the new girl brought a cheese whiz sandwich ON WHITE BREAD! " They had a freezer full of salmon and halibut but in later years the kids didn' t like fish anymore.

I think MC is on to something about Freddy's burgers and frozen custards. It was new to me, and I had to look it up. Based out of Memphis. Certainly a novel way of cooking a burger.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/freddys-burgers/

18 hours ago, Xena said:

Not to contest you either but the truth is you have not found many burger places around here that you like. Good is in the taste of the eater. A couple of years ago I ate a Burger King burger and it was pretty bad; most burgers I get around here are much better. In my opinion.

I agree with you.  Where you come from Oklahoma versus Canada has a lot to do with what tastes appeal to you.  The two most important things in a burger is the quality of the meat with the right fat proportion and it needs to be hand formed. Burger King does not have a great hamburger I just found it better than most restaurants around here.  I have never ate at a Freddy's so don't know about them.  I actually like a greasy hamburger which will stop up your arteries and kill you!

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Rick, you should try Trip's when you can. Let that be the bar for comparison. I personally find them pretty poor, and ridiculously overpriced. I like the fries, though.

Xena mentioned something about tastebuds, and she is not wrong. However, it's a misconception to think that it makes a difference when it comes to burgers around here. I have said this before: there is a cenaduria in San Antonio that makes a "Mexican" burger for 25p. 25p. I love it. It tastes like a burger should. It is way better than Trip's, at 3/4 of the price. I am not confusing the sophistication (or lack thereof) of my palette, or my appreciation for a rockin' good gourmet burger, with my basic awareness of what a decent burger should taste like.

The last time I was at Elvira's cenaduria just a few weeks ago (there is a SAT expats get together there the last Saturday of each month at 6 pm) I was told that they did not do burgers anymore. Tacos great as is the pazole the environment and service. Across from Mario's and a little to the west.

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

I agree with you.  Where you come from Oklahoma versus Canada has a lot to do with what tastes appeal to you.  The two most important things in a burger is the quality of the meat with the right fat proportion and it needs to be hand formed. Burger King does not have a great hamburger I just found it better than most restaurants around here.  I have never ate at a Freddy's so don't know about them.  I actually like a greasy hamburger which will stop up your arteries and kill you!

A greasy burger that is cooked thoroughly with enough fat added to make it so won't kill you but a medium rare to rare just might kill you. When there was a beaver fever epidemic in Canada[rare burgers], smart people stopped eating them rare[pink or red showing].

5 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

"Taco Bell has attempted to enter the Mexican market twice. After a highly publicised launch in Mexico City in 1992, all the restaurants were closed two years later. In September 2007, Taco Bell returned to Monterrey, projecting an American image with an Americanized menu that included french fries, but it closed in January 2010 due to low patronage."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_Bell#North_America

Funny. I have been to Panama 3 times in the past year and a half, Costa Rica twice and they have Taco Bells. I just try to add some humor to the thread. That'a all. 

On 2/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, ea93105 said:

Not any worse than a tacky pawn shop, how can they possibly make enough money to support that prime location ? Unless its laundering money. I've always wondered what is on the second level with no windows whatsoever. 

My what a vivid imagination you have!😍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cookj5 said:

Try La Ancla (The Anchor) restaurant. West of Ajijic on the way to San Juan Cosalá, on the Lake side of the Carretera. Best burgers in the whole area (and I've tried most of them). Far superior to anything served by the NOB chain fast-food joints.

It's not hard to make food superior to NOB fast food chains.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:46 AM, Joanie said:

Has anyone else heard the rumor that there's a McDonald's going in across from Bruno's on the carretera?  Hopefully, it's just a rumor.  Thanks.

We’ve all heard the rumors, year after year, of a Mac Donald’s and other things going in where Flora Exotica is now.  Hasn’t happened thank god.   However, yes, there are rumbling rumors in the Mexican community that a Mac D is indeed going in, in Ajijic on the carretera, where the old Jessicas Tacos used to be.  The building is being torn down and the smallish overgrown area next to it is being cleaned up.  No one I know has heard anything concrete, just those rumors.  Waiting for someone to confirm or deny.......

Carls Junior or In&Out  would get my money for a sandwich/burger , not Mickey Dees although I do like egg mc muffins if they're done right. There is opportunity for "faster food" here, right now I go to Laguna plaza for a quick bite.

Agree with computerguy on Trips being ridiculously overpriced for what you get