Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

McDonald's


Joanie
 Share

Recommended Posts

plus what difference does it make?  I live in a historical, pueblo magico and they have a Burger King on one of the pietonal street and a MacDonald in one of the shopping centers and we all survive it and can get  a burger if we feel like it. Ajijic is no pueblo magico and it has OXXOs so why not a hamburger franchise..it sure would not destroy the look of the carratera...😄

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Joanie said:

Has anyone else heard the rumor that there's a McDonald's going in across from Bruno's on the carretera?  Hopefully, it's just a rumor.  Thanks.

Why hopefully....?  If you don’t like their burgers you don’t have to eat there...The reason McDonalds is such a successful company is that millions of people world wide like the product they offer.. I’m sure it would be successful here.. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read an interesting book many year ago, that McDonald's, the corporation, was never about the food. They consider themselves, and their mission statement, as a property development company. They were able to influence and forecast changes in entire neighborhoods. They build and invest, then let franchisees to do the food stuff. McDonalds in urban cities in Canada are sad affairs these days. During the day and early evening,  screaming packs of kids wanting their " donalds". In the evening shifty  looking homeless people nursing their free coffees for hours. That is why their drive throughs are so popular.

https://qz.com/965779/mcdonalds-isnt-really-a-fast-food-chain-its-a-brilliant-30-billion-real-estate-company/

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tomgates said:

McD as well as Starbucks will not build in a location that can't accommodate a drive thru. Makes more sense where Exotica Nursery is.

Wanna bet ?  😉    Here a picture of McD's at 1151 Rue St Jean, Quebec City.

 

McD.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

During the day and early evening,  screaming packs of kids wanting their " donalds".

I cooked healthy dinners for my kids. They would sometimes say "Mom,all our friends go to McDonalds, why don't we?". I'd explain how it wasn't real food and not healthy. But of course, they thought they were missing out.

Then, I was once doing a 3 day fast and didn't feel like dealing with food at all. I decided to get them fast food for those 3 nights. First night was Kentucky Fried, second night was Chinese take-out. They were fine with that. 3rd night I went and got them Big Macs and fries, thinking they'd be thrilled. I put it on the table, called them down for dinner. I was fussing around in the kitchen and there was dead silence at the table, quite unusual. I looked over to see them all with the Big Mac wrapper peeled back, all of them staring at it, and looking at each other. Finally my middle daughter looked over at me and rather apologetically said "Mom, we can't eat this".

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I cooked healthy dinners for my kids. They would sometimes say "Mom,all our friends go to McDonalds, why don't we?". I'd explain how it wasn't real food and not healthy. But of course, they thought they were missing out.

Then, I was once doing a 3 day fast and didn't feel like dealing with food at all. I decided to get them fast food for those 3 nights. First night was Kentucky Fried, second night was Chinese take-out. They were fine with that. 3rd night I went and got them Big Macs and fries, thinking they'd be thrilled. I put it on the table, called them down for dinner. I was fussing around in the kitchen and there was dead silence at the table, quite unusual. I looked over to see them all with the Big Mac wrapper peeled back, all of them staring at it, and looking at each other. Finally my middle daughter looked over at me and rather apologetically said "Mom, we can't eat this".

That makes your kids one in billions...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the same source as the other article. McDonalds food sales have dropped every year for the past three years. Only 20% of millenials have ever tasted a Big Mac. I doubt that any McDonalds in Mexico would become ad hoc homeless shelters.

https://qz.com/892474/mcdonalds-mcd-introduces-giant-and-small-big-mac-burgers-in-hopes-of-driving-us-sales/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't want to contest you but I haven't found many good burger places around here.  Of course they would be better than McDonalds but I think Burger King is better than what I have  seen here.  To many places here use soy or an additive.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rafterbr said:

Don't want to contest you but I haven't found many good burger places around here.  Of course they would be better than McDonalds but I think Burger King is better than what I have  seen here.  To many places here use soy or an additive.

Not to contest you either but the truth is you have not found many burger places around here that you like. Good is in the taste of the eater. A couple of years ago I ate a Burger King burger and it was pretty bad; most burgers I get around here are much better. In my opinion.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...