Chapala.com Webboard

OK, I'll take the flack on this one. IMO, a real LOL.

Eric Blair

I never heard of it but apparently there is a Notional Condom Day. I read in the Mexico News Daily:

"To celebrate International Condom Day — strategically observed the day before Valentine’s — health officials and others handed out around 100,000 condoms on the Mexico City Metro on Thursday. "

A decade ago, my fracc. was asking for Christmas donations for the workers. They listed the workers names and number of children each had. One had 9 children. In the gifts I left, I noted one for this worker, and it was a box of condoms.

Save telling m how everyone has a right to believe what they want and follow those beliefs, etc. I also have the right to disagree (called "Freedom of Thought.")

I just couldn't resist on this one.

Well, I got a chuckle out of it.  Years ago when we lived on Javier Mina with a gate where those could see into the carport and house, I had many  women with children in tow and another bun in the oven ring the bell as they could easily see I was in the house.  I'd hand over canned soup, pesos and condoms.  

Cheers,

Val  :)

12 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Do they just want more Catholics or do they want smart Catholics who have figured out that they should only have as many children as they can feed, clothe and educate.

Do you think they care?  I doubt it. "Smart" Catholics might put the church's misogyny in too bright a spotlight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferret said:

Do they just want more Catholics or do they want smart Catholics who have figured out that they should only have as many children as they can feed, clothe and educate.

The parents might want more children. Better odds of getting more support when their children start working and marrying and more grandchildren to coddle.

Higher esteem comes to them from their peers the more children they have. Your rational way of looking at it is akin to NOB thinking and has trickled down here amongst the more middle class and above families I might guess.

Catholic Church national wealth estimated to be $30 billion, investigation finds

Posted 11 Feb 2018, 9:22pm

There are calls for the Catholic Church's tax-free status to be reviewed after a Fairfax investigation revealing the extent of property, assets and investments owned by the church in Australia  to be about 30 billion dollars.
According to a Time Magazine report from February, 1965, Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate.
To be fair, the church does give support to a lot of charities for children. Of course, today's children become tomorrows adults that contribute to the church.
L. Ron Hubbard,  author and the founder of the Church of Scientology is reported to have said:    "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion,"

• Confused 1