Chapala.com Webboard

ATM charge

cedros

How do others know how much they are being charged to use an ATM? People report various amount that they are charged-how do you know that? I am looking at my withdrawal slips from HSBC at Laguna Mall and all they show is the amount (dispensed?) and total amount-they are both the same amount-nothing about an ATM fee. Likewise my HSBC statement from that bank don't show ATM withdrawal fees. 

Just now, dano1948 said:

When your doing the transaction it will show on the screen the fee, and usually will ask do you accept the fee, yes or no....

Interesting as I have never seen that on the screen. I will have to watch more closely.

15 minutes ago, Ferret said:

At the HSBC and at the Multiva, there is a screen that asks you if you are willing to pay "whatever amount" for the transaction fee... and you must answer yes or no.

I don't get that screen at HSBC and I have used those ATMs hundreds (literally) of times

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

If you ha

Did you say your HSBC statement shows no ATM fees?  Are you withdrawing from a HSBC account? If so there would be no fee. 

Yes from an HSBC account. I was wondering if there might be a hidden ATM charge as the rate I get (pesos received divided by dollars taken from my account) doesn't seem to be that good often. 

Well then it depends whether you are drawing from a peso account or changing some other currency from a foreign bank, as you didn´t mention that in your OP.  I use the ATM´S at Multiva and Intercam all the time with no charge.  What you receive is what is debited against your account, but of course, I´m talking pesos.

6 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Well then it depends whether you are drawing from a peso account or changing some other currency from a foreign bank, as you didn´t mention that in your OP.  I use the ATM´S at Multiva and Intercam all the time with no charge.  What you receive is what is debited against your account, but of course, I´m talking pesos.

I can draw from a peso or dollar account.