Chapala.com Webboard

Permanente when driving out of Mex

Earl

2 hours ago, ea93105 said:

I was told by the Chapala immigration office that even with permanente status, they require that you check in with immigration upon every entry or exit.

You are 100% correct as to the regulation.

The truth is many temporal or permanente holders don't bother when driving in or out because there is no record made by Mexico of those crossings by car unless you choose to stop at the immigration office.  And if you choose to stop sometimes the officials at border crossings don't have a clue. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Is this new? I thought I just presented my pasaporte to Migra at the airport and they scanned it for veracity?

My wife, a Mexican National, doesn't need a FMM card to fly out of Mexico but does fill one out on the airplane when returning to Mexico.

12 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Is this new? I thought I just presented my pasaporte to Migra at the airport and they scanned it for veracity?

It is a small green form. Haven't flown for 2 years so maybe discontinued. ??Before always were filled in before boarding pass issued, and upon entry to Migra with pasaporte

• 2 weeks later...