Chapala.com Webboard

Honda Fit--KMs to Miles?

Earl

This is a  2017 Hoda Fit Hit.  Can the odometer be reset to show miles instead of kilometers?  Miles are shown at about every 10 mile interval on the spedometer, but I want to  have accuracy down to the tenth of a  mile.  

Thank you for your replies and thank you all for all the replies regarding Mexican plates in the  US.  I really liked the suggestion of a US dealer plate holder or even an NFL or NLB team!  Go Cards! Go Chiefs! Go Blues!

My Honda CRV simply has two sets of markings on the speedo, the big set are KM, the small, basically unreadable set are MPH.  Looking at the picture of that speedo, it appears they did the same on the Fit.  So the bezel would have to be replaced or maybe the entire instrument cluster since these are a one piece assembly.

Doesn't look like any easy way to do what you want.

3 hours ago, Earl said:

Can the odometer be reset to show miles instead of kilometers?

Not the speedometer.

I scanned the owners manual and believe the choice is in firmware as it is listed as "or". No options to select other than what the car came with based on the country it was manufactured for.

4 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Not the speedometer.

I scanned the owners manual and believe the choice is in firmware as it is listed as "or". No options to select other than what the car came with based on the country it was manufactured for.

Firmware will not change the markings on the speedometer. Thus a miles speedometer is needed which will show miles as the large numbers and kilometers as the small numbers.

I once legally imported a new TBird from Canada. A certified importer had to order a speedometer from the factory with the odometer pre-set to the same mileage as the one it replaced. 

Just now, Mostlylost said:

Firmware will not change the markings on the speedometer. Thus a miles speedometer is needed which will show miles as the large numbers and kilometers as the small numbers. 

The odometer is the question.

1 minute ago, Mostlylost said:

Understood but having a speedometer in kilometers and an odometer in miles would destroy resale value and would make no sense.

If it could be easily changed, it could be changed back.