Chapala.com Webboard

Possible Coronavirus in Leon, Gto.

HookEmHorns

4 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

last month the Ajijic Clinica had all 60 beds filled with people with pneumonia....

Can you imagine if on top of that you have flu, COPD patients and corona virus patients?  All of these can be interrelated.  Corona virus adds another complication into the mix.

• Thanks 1

I remember the Swine Flu lakeside very well. Before I could check in at the airport to fly up for a visit to Seattle, they had to take my temperature. No problem, I passed and flew for a visit in Seattle.

What I remember most was that Mexico actually had people at the airport checking ones temperature. (At least that was so at the Guadalajara Airport)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Maybe 5,000 plus deaths in North American  are irrelevant for you, No offense but that's very sad.

We will see after this sky is falling media frenzy how it ends up. My guess is same as Swine Flu 12 years ago. 

You could just as well have brought up the number of people that die of cancer or heart disease. They are all significant but irrelevant to the subject of possible mortality from corona virus. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

You could just as well have brought up the number of people that die of cancer or heart disease. They are all significant but irrelevant to the subject of possible mortality from corona virus. 

Cancer and heart disease are not viruses that originate in China or Asia, and are not transmittable, so you are 100% correct that they would be irrelevant to a discussion regarding viruses.

We are in a much greater danger of contracting the H1N1 virus that also originates in Asia. There are hundreds of Americans and Canadians arriving in Mexican airports. Thousands of North Americans have died from it this season.  = mortality

So while it is interesting that there is one person in Leon who shows symptoms of the new corona virus, in the same time there  are dozens of people in Leon with  the regular H1N1 flu virus. It just is not big news because it is  the same every year.

That was why I asked how many regular flu cases reported in the same time....

• Sad 1

There are a number of things that are different about the Coronavirus compared to other types of flu...

1) There is no vaccine

2) It does not respond to normal anti-viral medications

3) It spreads BEFORE the patient shows symptoms

4) Time of incubation is nearly twice as long as normal flu before showing symptoms.

Any flu is dangerous but those who are susceptible do have the option of getting a flu shot. They are not perfect but better than nothing. Current flu shot will not protect against the Coronavirus (point #1)

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/public/vaccination_qa_pub.htm

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mostlylost said:

so you are 100% correct that they would be irrelevant to a discussion regarding viruses.

This is NOT a discussion regarding viruses. Maybe you might try reading the topic title again, or get someone to read it to you. This is a topic about the possibility of the CV being discovered in Leon, Gto., nothing more, and certainly not a discussion of the flu, which is very much different than the CV. You are not asked if you think the CV is going to kill less or more people than the flu. This is an information post, and It would be wonderful if you could keep you opinion to yourself until you are asked, no? Is it too difficult for you to understand this simple thing? Aren't you an adult? Quit crying and whining, act like it !

An interesting fact about how the Corona Virus is  already impacting many retail store in Seattle. I went to three stores looking to buy Corona Beer, so I could play a practical joke on my GP when I visited him later this afternoon. All of the stores were sold out of Corona Beer.  I guess there are a lot of practical jokers out there.

2 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

This is NOT a discussion regarding viruses. Maybe you might try reading the topic title again, or get someone to read it to you. This is a topic about the possibility of the CV being discovered in Leon, Gto., nothing more, and certainly not a discussion of the flu, which is very much different than the CV. You are not asked if you think the CV is going to kill less or more people than the flu. This is an information post, and It would be wonderful if you could keep you opinion to yourself until you are asked, no? Is it too difficult for you to understand this simple thing? Aren't you an adult? Quit crying and whining act like it !

Sorry. I wasn't aware that this board did not allow discussions, nor that you were in charge.of this web board.   

My first post was asking if you had information regarding the other flu which obviously you don't.  

As to insulting you are good at it, showing exactly who is the adult!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, johanson said:

I remember the Swine Flu lakeside very well. Before I could check in at the airport to fly up for a visit to Seattle, they had to take my temperature. No problem, I passed and flew for a visit in Seattle.

What I remember most was that Mexico actually had people at the airport checking ones temperature. (At least that was so at the Guadalajara Airport)

I remember what started the swine flu:

you-little-bastard-youve-killed-us-all.jpg

On 2/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, Jreboll said:

One major difference between Cancer and heart disease is that neither is transmittable between people.

• Thanks 1

The point I was trying to make is that the flu is a known disease entity like cancer or heart disease. The epidemiology of course is different but it is not new. On the other hand the corona virus is new with a lot of unknown disease factors. There’s a lot of investigations that need to be done and treatment procedures developed. 

• Like 1