Chapala.com Webboard

Popeye’s Fried Chicken

tomgates

2 hours ago, artsnob said:

McDonalds is coming soon at Flora Exotica..

The franchisee in Guadalajara should be dumped by McD for not following McD'S alleged consistency world wide. Their Big Mac ain't no Big Mac by any stretch of the imagination. Tried it in 2 separate stores. Never again! Flora Exotica???  Why raise a moldy old rumour from the dead once again?

• Like 1

That story says nothing about the taste. I've eaten Big Macs in Guad, and they taste the same to me as the ones in Canada. (but the only reason I can eat a Mac is the sauce; their burgers sucked since the beginning of time).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

That story says nothing about the taste. I've eaten Big Macs in Guad, and they taste the same to me as the ones in Canada. (but the only reason I can eat a Mac is the sauce; their burgers sucked since the beginning of time).

The 2 BM'S I had in Guadalajara didn't even match the foto on the menu wall let alone any BM I've had in the US or Canada. The patties are some sort of mystery[meat?] about 1/2 the thickness of that of the other 2 and no they don't taste the same. Never had a soggy bun before those 2 attempts either.  By the way, I actually liked the mcrib whenever they sold it as a special in Canada.

You cannot just arbitrarily say "no they don't taste the same". All you are doing is your usual attempt to discredit my opinion. I said they tasted the same to me; I said nothing about the picture comparison (show me where in the world the hamburger matches the photo) or the sogginess of the bun. It's clear, since you firmly believe "no they don't taste the same", that your tasteduds are unreliable, so pardon me if I give no credence to food comments you make in future. Oh, BTW, I didn't say it was good, either, in case anyone was wondering.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You cannot just arbitrarily say "no they don't taste the same". All you are doing is your usual attempt to discredit my opinion. I said they tasted the same to me; I said nothing about the picture comparison (show me where in the world the hamburger matches the photo) or the sogginess of the bun. It's clear, since you firmly believe "no they don't taste the same", that your tasteduds are unreliable, so pardon me if I give no credence to food comments you make in future. Oh, BTW, I didn't say it was good, either, in case anyone was wondering.

You have your opinion and I have mine and to me they don't even look the same never mind taste the same as in Canada and the US. That's MY OPINION  and has nothing to do with you. Your opinion as to my credence  re: food, matters zero to me. My post was about the crappy Guadalajara  BM is what I posted about,nothing more. Personally I  like the BM when it's the real thing but not as much as a Harvey's cheese burger.  STEWING over certain people's opinions  seems to be something you RELISH. cook on-eh!😴

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I only "go after" those that deserve it. So obviously, both you guys deserve it. Some, far more than others.

Pete, that is my only goal.

This guy "goes after" everyone, anyone and anything, just posting willy nilly to get as many BUSINESS IMPRESSIONS as he can since his handle is his business. This is his only goal!!! A great marketing ploy but very irritating to others. He is by far the King of Posters here with 11,593 posts in a little under 7 years. That averages out to about 4.5 a day. Nice work if you can get it and as a guy with a marketing background, some grudging respect....but just know that we are on to you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

This guy "goes after" everyone, anyone and anything, just posting willy nilly to get as many BUSINESS IMPRESSIONS as he can since his handle is his business. This is his only goal!!! A great marketing ploy but very irritating to others. He is by far the King of Posters here with 11,593 posts in a little under 7 years. That averages out to about 4.5 a day. Nice work if you can get it and as a guy with a marketing background, some grudging respect....but just know that we are on to you. 

Who is this "we" you reference? Also, it is very unlikely the CG needs to boost his business by  posting here. I suspect some people just irritate him into response. Kind of like how he obviously irritates you (who does the math on someone's posts?) and  how you obviously irritate me.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, kam said:

Who is this "we" you reference? Also, it is very unlikely the CG needs to boost his business by  posting here. I suspect some people just irritate him into response. Kind of like how he obviously irritates you (who does the math on someone's posts?) and  how you obviously irritate me.

I thought you looked familiar. Nyk nyk!

spam and kam.jpg