Chapala.com Webboard

Its Ajijic's turn

ea93105

Yes. Again they make them in China. A company has to bring over their jigs and molds.  Mexican government to offer them money, tax breaks and land. Far less deserving have received this. The  "greening" of Lakeside is a story which would attract the curious from all over the world. It would be exciting, Si?

28 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

The perfect alternative vehicle here might be an electric assist narrow three wheel recumbent bicycle with a roof and some cargo ability. Legal and safe on the bike path without getting scorched in the sun. No gas, registration or insurance and no sweat unless you want to.

I don't anyone makes such a thing yet.

1016056_486202131448341_695719589_n.jpg

https://electricbikereport.com/tag/como-trikes/

I've had this on my Amazon Wish List since January of 2019. I think a retractable canopy could be made here for sun or rain protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2T142L/?coliid=I2NP4JH6RJFQQ9&colid=9UO437NK1P8L&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It's been sold out for a while... even on the home site...

https://www.ebikeshopper.com/shop/ebikes/goplus-electric-trike-500w-20-fat-tire-electric-tricycle-for-adults-48v-10ah/

6 hours ago, InChapala1 said:

A few months ago, work started on a 3rd lane on the south side of the Libramiento, which I believe is also going to be a bike path. Anyone know if they plan to finish that job? Haven't seen any work done on it in a few weeks.

Would love to see a bike path along the libramiento, right now its suicide

5 minutes ago, Irish Gal said:

Is there an entrance to the hospital at the back where the parking lot is?    There were always cars parked out in front of the clinic where it is more convenient when it's an emergency.

Don't know,  sorry. You could drive in one time and check so you would know in advance of such emergency.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Irish Gal said:

There is no parking in front of the Ajijic Hospital/Clinic (across from Gossip's restaurant).   That's going to be mighty inconvenient for those who use that facility.

There is parking in the back of the clinic.

We were walking our dogs on the Libramiento . We were crossing the street at Vista Alegre. We always look both ways.a). We were crossing past the last tope and were missed by a hair's length by a car riding illegally on the right side of the topes.  We had not seen him because he just pulled out of the tope line and decided to pass the rest of the topes. I am sure crossing at Walmart would be safe.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Irish Gal said:

Is there an entrance to the hospital at the back where the parking lot is?    There were always cars parked out in front of the clinic where it is more convenient when it's an emergency.

Thee is an entrance to the hospital on the west side that comes from the parking lot in back. There are two entrances to the parking lot-from the carretera or from the street on the east side of the hospital.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cedros said:

Thee is an entrance to the hospital on the west side that comes from the parking lot in back. There are two entrances to the parking lot-from the carretera or from the street on the east side of the hospital.

That is exactly as I remember it, and it seems that it has not changed in the last umpteen years.

Some folks need to get out more, and observe more.

• Like 1