Chapala.com Webboard

New TIP via internet

Intercasa

Say goodbye to the Temporary Importation Permits or Permiso de Importación Temporal de Vehículos that you used to know, now, as of January  1, 2020 the permits are digital and there are no more window stickers, also no originals, just a digital copy for those who request the permits via the internet. 

The good news is that if you save the digital copy in your email, there is no risk of losing the permission as used to be the case. 

*** People crossing by land are still being given the old style permits.

*** People crossing by land but who get their Temporary Importation Permits or Permiso de Importación Temporal de Vehículos online MUST still stop at the border to register their entry into Mexico, failure to do so will make them have to return to the border to check in and turn in their FMM form.

Police officers will have a cell phone application to be able to scan the new permits and verify them. Hopefully the police and transitos know about the new permits and will not insist on seeing the old ones pegged to the windshield.

oldtip10.jpg

NewTIP.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think that I'll just stop and get my 'traditional' sticker for a while. There will probably be more Police and Transitos who know NOTHING about this for a while and will want big mordida since your sticker is not only 'out-of-date' but doesn't even exist!  Cellphone App my app.

Thanks for the Post Spencer.

Probably should be a "Sticky"

• Haha 1

Thanks Spencer. I wonder if those with a pre-approved visa will have a 30 day or 180 day TIP? Up until now those who ordered a TIP on-line, even though pre-approved at a consulate were receiving 180 day TIP's. 

57 minutes ago, Sonia said:

Thanks Spencer. I wonder if those with a pre-approved visa will have a 30 day or 180 day TIP? Up until now those who ordered a TIP on-line, even though pre-approved at a consulate were receiving 180 day TIP's. 

And not following the rules of the online Banjerito TIP page when getting a preappoval for a 180 FMM tourist card before they will process the online TIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Spencer those who enter with a pre-approved visa have a permit for 30 days when they apply at the border. I am still waiting to see one who obtained  aTIP on-line.

• 1 month later...

We have seen a few, no way online to differentiate CANJE so you are paisano or tourist 180 day.