Chapala.com Webboard

Motorcyclist

artsnob

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. 

There are a whole lot of armchair know-it-alls in these parts.

As I see it, be grateful or be gone. You don't seem to realize how toxic your shitty attitudes are. I "feel" you anytime I'm foolish enough to venture into Mexico Lite, AKA Ajijic, the only pueblo that receives NO services from the local government while Chapala gets "everything". Bwah, hah, hah, hah! 

Seriously. Toxic. Shitty. Attitudes.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. 

There are a whole lot of armchair know-it-alls in these parts.

As I see it, be grateful or be gone. You don't seem to realize how toxic your shitty attitudes are. I "feel" you anytime I'm foolish enough to venture into Mexico Lite, AKA Ajijic, the only pueblo that receives NO services from the local government while Chapala gets "everything". Bwah, hah, hah, hah! 

Seriously. Toxic. Shitty. Attitudes.

What you say girl?  Being an armchair quarterback is a favorite pastime the world over.  It will never change.

Have a nice day,

Shitty Attitude

• Haha 2

I've seen the video. The driver was most definitely passing a motorcyclist, and was way over in the oncoming traffic lane. He wasn't turning: he was blasting through. No brakes, no swerving from either vehicle... no nothing. Cyclist went right over the top. The ironic part: everyone got out of the car, and not a single person went over to check on the guy lieing in the road, helmet 50 feet away.

It's impossible to tell what either driver could possibly have been doing or thinking. It was a head-on hit that looked like neither was paying attention, as the moto was going pretty much as fast as the car.

• Sad 1

In the incident in Riberas, the car was westbound. I drive home every Monday morning at 7:30, and the sun is blinding. I have pulled off the road more than once. But two things: at this time of year, by 8 am, it has risen high enough so as not to be an issue, and there is a huge shadow from trees right there, which should have kept the motorcylist from being blinded. Should have. Certainly, though, the car would have had no problem seeing normally.

55 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I've seen the video. The driver was most definitely passing a motorcyclist, and was way over in the oncoming traffic lane. He wasn't turning: he was blasting through. No brakes, no swerving from either vehicle... no nothing. Cyclist went right over the top. The ironic part: everyone got out of the car, and not a single person went over to check on the guy lieing in the road, helmet 50 feet away.

It's impossible to tell what either driver could possibly have been doing or thinking. It was a head-on hit that looked like neither was paying attention, as the moto was going pretty much as fast as the car.

Then you didn't see the same vid that I described.Yes the car was westbound and the sun rises in the east so would not have effected his vision.

4 hours ago, El Menudo said:

That is in contention for one of the stupidest comments I have ever read here, or anywhere!

What I was suggesting is; since the bike lane is so wide, why not put a line down the middle and have the inner lane for bikes and the outer one for motorcycles? Just sayin',  but whoever expects Government (especially here) to make any sense at all?  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

In the incident in Riberas, the car was westbound. I drive home every Monday morning at 7:30, and the sun is blinding. I have pulled off the road more than once. But two things: at this time of year, by 8 am, it has risen high enough so as not to be an issue, and there is a huge shadow from trees right there, which should have kept the motorcylist from being blinded. Should have. Certainly, though, the car would have had no problem seeing normally.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:11 PM, bojackson said:

I was at the gym at the time it happened, around 8:00, and passed by on the way home two hours later and the sheet covered body and vehicles were still there.  Was told it was a young Mexican guy on the blue motorcycle coming from Chapala and a Mexican driver heading east who crossed into the left lane to pass another motorcycle and didn't see the one coming and they hit head on.

I relied on this early post which says car was eastbound.  FYI, I shop early, leaving Ajijic around 8:15 heading east.  On the carretera through Ajijic the sun remains strong and problematic even yesterday.  I have taken to using Constitucion where the narrower streets give me some shadowing from buildings.  Though no idea of the terrain past SAT and the sun issues there.  

17 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

What I was suggesting is; since the bike lane is so wide, why not put a line down the middle and have the inner lane for bikes and the outer one for motorcycles? Just sayin',  but whoever expects Government (especially here) to make any sense at all?  

Because it is a bidirectional path.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I relied on this early post which says car was eastbound.  FYI, I shop early, leaving Ajijic around 8:15 heading east.  On the carretera through Ajijic the sun remains strong and problematic even yesterday.  I have taken to using Constitucion where the narrower streets give me some shadowing from buildings.  Though no idea of the terrain past SAT and the sun issues there.  

The vid i saw shows otherwise and my friend was just minutes behind it also heading west.

25 minutes ago, Ellie said:

There were TWO motorcycle accidents yesterday. One in La Floresta earlier in the morning - the

other in Riberas by the 7-11. Driver from first accident taken to hospital and will be ok.

Everything you have said is totally wrong. Timing and death. A cadaver wagon from the coroners office does not  take bodies to any hospital, they do the autopsy in their facility.  Yes the criminal driver of the car was not injured if that's what you mean.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Because it is a bidirectional path.

What I am saying is that this is a typical GOVERNMENT screw up, no matter what country. What about all those CONCRETE dividers the  same color as the highway with the peaks to impale a car that goes a little off course? Why not a metal railing a few feet from the surface that will redirect an errant vehicle, not destroy the undercarriage or worse? Whose brother, cousin or other relative has been awarded this contract?