Chapala.com Webboard

LaPueblita retirement project

LaPueblita

11 hours ago, Alfa said:

My Mexican wife tells me the name "La Pueblita" means nothing.

When it first came out I wrote to them telling them the same thing and they thanked me. 

They cut down so many trees, something that is out of hand all over the lakeside area 

look at this Facebook page for an idea how Ajijitecxs feel

B2B41D4D-5227-4001-B9A6-12552F435670.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Do not go to la pueblita. I took my mother there. La pueblita promised it could provide all levels of assistance to her. Within a few days it was obvious my mother needed full time assistance. Despite the promises, la pueblita did not open its cafeteria, and had no way to assist dementia patients. I paid approximately $5000 in membership fees and $4000 for security deposit and rent, and she was there 2 weeks. That was over 3 months ago and la pueblita refuses to return any money and doesn’t return calls. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Djangoplayer said:

Do not go to la pueblita. I took my mother there. La pueblita promised it could provide all levels of assistance to her. Within a few days it was obvious my mother needed full time assistance. Despite the promises, la pueblita did not open its cafeteria, and had no way to assist dementia patients. I paid approximately $5000 in membership fees and $4000 for security deposit and rent, and she was there 2 weeks. That was over 3 months ago and la pueblita refuses to return any money and doesn’t return calls. 

That really sucks.  Have you tried taking this to PROFECO?

13 minutes ago, Djangoplayer said:

What is profeco?

"In Mexico it was in 1976 that the Federal Consumer Protection Law was enacted, which gave rise to the creation of the Federal Consumer Attorney's Office(PROFECO), to be the institution in charge of defending the rights of consumers, preventing abuses and guaranteeing fair consumer relations."

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Djangoplayer said:

What is profeco?

https://www.gob.mx/profeco

Telcon agents provide free and useful services such as:

Advice and Information : know your rights as a consumer and consumer.

Scheduling appointments by phone (Procitel) : schedule your appointment by phone or online to go to the nearest Consumer Defense Office to access the services offered by Profeco.

Commercial Bureau : knows the number of complaints, reasons for claim and procedures against suppliers and adhesion contracts registered with the institution. 

File your complaint or complaint :  when a commercial establishment does not respect your rights.

Price comparison : check the Who's Who in Prices information to find out where to find a product at a lower cost.

Quality studies : request and consult the results of the studies carried out by the Profeco National Consumer Protection Laboratory.

Profeco Domestic Technology : know a simple and inexpensive way to make cleaning products, personal hygiene and food, among others.

Request articles and information published in the Consumer Magazine for making better consumer decisions. 

Remember our services are free. Contact the Consumer Telephone 55 5568 8722 and 800 468 8722 or visit from anywhere at http://telefonodelconsumidor.gob.mx/.

We serve 365 days a year, our service hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays

• Like 2

I asked for their info a few weeks ago, just curious, and what they send you elaborates on the vague pricing and programs you see on the website.  It is VERY expensive and obviously going way behind schedule for whatever reason.  They told me the project would be finished in about a year, I said fine, I'll call you then.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, Djangoplayer said:

Whilst I  have sympathy for your (mothers) situation and the delay  in full operation ,unless we see the contract you signed , (and read the small print) could be they are not "all" to blame 

Many months back when I spoke to a couple of reps at LCS they  were very vague on details

17 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Whilst I  have sympathy for your (mothers) situation and the delay  in full operation ,unless we see the contract you signed , (and read the small print) could be they are not "all" to blame 

Many months back when I spoke to a couple of reps at LCS they  were very vague on details

Contracts, regardless of how well they are written, are only as good as the integrity of those that sign them. Otherwise it's about how much money you wish to throw at lawyers and the courts to hope on a favourable outcome and then how you will collect; as well as the years and  years you wish to spend on the matter.

What is very expensive?

Fr exemple my mother in France  rent a nice one bedroom apartment in a building with restaurant and elevator. There are nurses 24 /7 . Each person has to wear a necklace  to call for help if they need it. There is a library and games and events weekly.

Once a week a van take people wherever they need to go in town, barbers and hairdressers also come as well as many other suppliers.

There is a nice garden with benches  to relax on .

Electricity heat water are included, You have to contract for phone and internet. You can hire cleaners The laundry people also come once a week to pick up and deliver.

You can hire help to help you daily if you like.  The monthly price  for the apartment is 200 Euros  My mother spends about 500 euros a month at the restaurant.

If you become totally incapcitate with Alzeimer for exemple you canot stay there but you are signed in into another facility that has only private rooms and for that the price is 700 euros with nurses and doctors 24/7

That is in a country where the realestate is more expensive than here and the help is expensive as you have to pay all benefits. Minimum 35 euros an hour for a cleaner  and up from there for nurses and helpers.

How does it compare pricewise.?

20 hours ago, bmh said:

What is very expensive?

Fr exemple my mother in France  rent a nice one bedroom apartment in a building with restaurant and elevator. There are nurses 24 /7 . Each person has to wear a necklace  to call for help if they need it. There is a library and games and events weekly.

Once a week a van take people wherever they need to go in town, barbers and hairdressers also come as well as many other suppliers.

There is a nice garden with benches  to relax on .

Electricity heat water are included, You have to contract for phone and internet. You can hire cleaners The laundry people also come once a week to pick up and deliver.

You can hire help to help you daily if you like.  The monthly price  for the apartment is 200 Euros  My mother spends about 500 euros a month at the restaurant.

If you become totally incapcitate with Alzeimer for exemple you canot stay there but you are signed in into another facility that has only private rooms and for that the price is 700 euros with nurses and doctors 24/7

That is in a country where the realestate is more expensive than here and the help is expensive as you have to pay all benefits. Minimum 35 euros an hour for a cleaner  and up from there for nurses and helpers.

How does it compare pricewise.?

That sounds like it might be heavily subsidized.  Less than $300 per month for an apartment?

Sorry the one quit working on my compu , it is 1200 euros a month. The place in France is owned by AXXA. It is not subsidized but the maids, gardeners etc are-- They are 30 euros an hour and up but can be deducted from the taxes if you pay that rate which includes retireent, vacations and all benefits. If you hire someone without paying benefit you can be fined heavily.

I tried to copy and paste what they sent me, but not working.  Their pricing is complex depending on what kind of program and what kind of living space you want.  The cheapest is the 1 room studio with independent living which costs $30,000pesos/mo. but does NOT include food, which is available at restaurant prices or the little grocery shops (to be built?) nearby.  So, I'm not going to leave my roomy 2 br. house with a big kitchen for that!  This setup also required a $10,000USD "deposit" - on what, I don't know.

The next level would be a 1 BR apt. with full assisted living which costs $36,400MXP/mo. and a $60,000USD deposit which you can get back when you die.  Not making this up!  There are other levels of housing that cost more.  It's funny how they can't quote the deposit amount in pesos because the number would be so huge!  I thought it sounded nice at first, but considering the place is not close to being finished - with pool, restaurants, etc., I think I'll pass.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ezpz said:

I tried to copy and paste what they sent me, but not working.  Their pricing is complex depending on what kind of program and what kind of living space you want.  The cheapest is the 1 room studio with independent living which costs $30,000pesos/mo. but does NOT include food, which is available at restaurant prices or the little grocery shops (to be built?) nearby.  So, I'm not going to leave my roomy 2 br. house with a big kitchen for that!  This setup also required a $10,000USD "deposit" - on what, I don't know.

The next level would be a 1 BR apt. with full assisted living which costs $36,400MXP/mo. and a $60,000USD deposit which you can get back when you die.  Not making this up!  There are other levels of housing that cost more.  It's funny how they can't quote the deposit amount in pesos because the number would be so huge!  I thought it sounded nice at first, but considering the place is not close to being finished - with pool, restaurants, etc., I think I'll pass.

That is feasible

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ezpz said:

.....,The next level would be a 1 BR apt. with full assisted living which costs $36,400MXP/mo. and a $60,000USD deposit which you can get back when you die.  Not making this up! ,.....

Maybe they think you really can take it with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In the US, many CCRC's charge refundable (or partially refundable) entrance fees held in trust by the facility.   The facility is allowed to invest the funds and keeps any interest earned.  Not federally regulated, but most states have laws governing CCRC's financials (some stricter than others).  Most states require CCRC's to file regular  financial statements and many conduct audits of them.  State  laws may require high cash reserves so that refunds can be routinely paid out upon death.  Even so, there have been bankruptcies of CCRC's.

Doubtful such laws governing CCRC's exist here in Mexico at this time.  

• Thanks 1

La Pueblita is a condominium. 

There are 2 different areas of the law that govern developments in Jalisco. A fracc is governed by corporate laws. A condominium is governed by condominium laws. 

It is very possible the "one time membership fee" would fall under contract law and have nothing to do with condominium. 

(Some so called attorneys lakeside don't even know the difference and often will advise fracc members and boards using condominium law which does not apply)