Chapala.com Webboard

CBD from Hemp Talk by Doctors

Ferret

I also bought some in Canada and had it sent to Newmarket, Ontario for my trip there last September. It didn't work very well for me either but, I knew what the effect should be, so I upped the dose by double every two days. Ended up taking three times as much. I was not very impressed with the quality.

Our experiences are what worries me and it's one of the reasons why I keep harping on the certificate of analysis. It's an amazing plant with incredible potential for the things that physically ail us in this world but not if the grifters in this world take advantage of those who are sick.

On 2/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, Ferret said:

You can either have Alex Peterson bring it in or you can have it shipped directly to your door from NuLeaf. CBD is NOT illegal in Mexico.

All shipments by mail here of any questionable package will be held at customs in Chapala to determine the fee and will not be released till you go there to pay what is arbitrarily accessed. I have a IShop mail box and who knows the fee that will be applied there? I would rather take my chances with a Mexican supplier such as the one mentioned here. 

Fine. Go ahead and take a chance with your health. I have had no problems whatsoever with Alex Peterson bringing in anything through Aduana at the border. It ships to his facility in Texas and he brings it across. Legally through Aduana. NuLeaf ships by courier, it goes through Aduana in Mexico City and is received by iShop. There is no duty in either case.

• Like 1

I'm done. I've given as much information as I can to tell people that CBD is worth considering for their health problems (google is your friend) but it's only as good as is certified by third party testing as to what's in it and what's not in it. Your choice.

I'm coming late to this discussion. My experience:

I placed an order of CBD with NuLeaf in Colorado to be delivered to me via Alex Peterson. As usual, there was a 16% iva charge based on the cost of the item plus Alex's fee. All went well.

Later, just to compare costs, I asked NuLeaf what their postage charge would be to send the same order directly to me in Riberas. Their shipping to my home address in Mexico was about what Alex must charge in IVA.

It seems to me, what Ferret has said about a need to know about quality control is sensible. For what it's worth, I was in my Lakeside docotor's office one day and mentioned I was thinking about trying CBD. He said, Just don't buy it locally.

Dealing by email with the NuLeaf people was delightful. A very mellow group, I must say.

Lexy

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gringohombre said:

All shipments by mail here of any questionable package will be held at customs in Chapala to determine the fee and will not be released till you go there to pay what is arbitrarily accessed. I have a IShop mail box and who knows the fee that will be applied there? I would rather take my chances with a Mexican supplier such as the one mentioned here. 

Hi, if you wanna try out some local CBD just contact me, send me PM or call 33 32 30 14 89

Our CBD is made in Mexico, working with Canadian Breeders and strains with Ratio 1:20 THC:CBD, Remember our Oil is THC Free or >1%, Blessings, im in lakeside and home deliver in town

I just can't help myself.

The first company that I bought from was HealthyHempOil.com in 2014. At that time, they were not posting third party certificates of analysis. There were few manufacturers and even less information available. I wanted my hubby to try it for pain relief since Fentanyl, Buprenorphine, Morphine  and Methadone were doing nothing for him. Unfortunately it arrived two weeks after he passed away.

Now, they are posting them... scroll down the two links and click on the test results to bring up a PDF. The first one is what I ordered... has other beneficial cannabinoids besides just the CBD and THC content shown... also has a LOT of terpenes (which is good and can predict how you may react to it). The second link is of a certificate of analysis of (TA DA!!!) ELIXINOL which they also sell. Click on the test result.

https://healthyhempoil.com/shop/herbal-renewals/gold-cbd-oil/

https://healthyhempoil.com/shop/elixinol/elixinol-hemp-oil-300/

edited to add: it's up to you whether you want/need full spectrum CBD (the first link) or an isolate (the second link). To help you make a choice, you may want to read this google search (at your leisure)...

https://www.google.com.mx/search?source=hp&ei=gWlNXrSBJoyGsAX8jbTwDQ&q=which+is+better+cbd+full+spectrum+or+isolate&oq=which+CBD+is+better%2C+full&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30.1928.14955..19147...0.0..1.491.2843.15j9j4-1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0.ZUdtdqNYVqY

Oy vey! Good point! First, I will note that the article is from two years ago and secondly, it concentrates on fudging THC results to charge more for the product. That said, you raise a very good point Rick and it also goes hand in hand with the FDA rapid approvals without double blind studies. Just who can you trust in this world of ours. It's a crap shoot. Here's the Pro Verde website... http://www.proverdelabs.com/

In the end, I think it comes down to what you try and what works for you... consistently. Never give up and never assume that CBD doesn't work for you until you've tried a number of options. Even patented medicines don't work the same for everyone. It will always be trial and error.