Chapala.com Webboard

CBD from Hemp Talk by Doctors

Ferret

6 hours ago, RickS said:

I think I will go and courteously ask about double-blind research studies....

You will only get to read this link ONCE and then you will be locked out... About half of FDA expedited approvals lack double-blind trials | Federal Practitioner

The following links show that even some double blind studies still result in the drugs being recalled

https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/overview-of-the-fdas-drugrecall-process

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_withdrawn_drugs

The research on cannabis and/or CBD is in its infancy especially in the U.S. (for obvious reasons) If you're looking for studies look to other countries like Israel or Spain.

We are all unique. What suits one doesn't suit another. But, that doesn't mean that you ever give up. Each to his/her own.

• Like 6

Excellent presentation and very informative for anyone who is on the fence about what cannabinoids can do for you. Yes, the hosts (not the presenters) do have a CBD product available but is only mentioned in the last 5 minutes of the talk. The product is made in Colorado and it is third party tested and the certificate of analysis is available on their website. The SPEAKERS  themselves did not promote any product... just the facts of both THC and CBD and what they can do for the body. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Ferret said:

snip....

Yes, the hosts (not the presenters) do have a CBD product available but is only mentioned in the last 5 minutes of the talk. The product is made in Colorado and it is third party tested and the certificate of analysis is available on their website.

snip

I interpret the above to indicate that the host is 'local' and they have product available....  YMMV

Well, I wouldn't be able to ferret out information if I didn't have all the facts. Sigh. I think their website needs a little work. Mexican web site: https://www.elixinol.mx

American website: https://www.elixinol.com/

So, the product that they have available is called Elixinol and it is available in Guadalajara but is produced in Colorado. Contact Sales Person is Maria Martinez and her cell phone is 333-119-5145 (the four may be a 7 sorry, her writing is not clear)

I went to the website to see if I could find their certificate of analysis but found that I needed to have purchased the product to get the lot number to find out the analysis. Talk about a$$ backwards. Duh, I want to know what I'm buying BEFORE I buy. They show a photo of where to find the lot number and I plugged in that one. It showed contents for gel caps but I sure didn't see anything full spectrum about it. I'm not saying its NOT full spectrum but wonder why the actual results are not shown.

As for comparing costs, I'll let you do your own math... there are 20 drops in a ml... concentration is given  and the number of ml. per bottle. You are going to calculate what is the concentration PER DROP. Personally, I like to take a higher concentration per drop so there's less to take each time. YMMV. You can also calculate your COST per drop.

This is general dosing chart to START with:.... start low and go slow.cbddosage.thumb.jpg.76f9fa414878ae66089391709c825990.jpg

Here are THREE links to pdf's showing certificates of analysis from three different companies. I chose NuLeaf because I can see that it's full spectrum with other cannabinoids besides CBD and also terpenes which can greatly influence how the product will affect you. Please do your own research and if you come across a word that you don't understand, google it. It's your health and you'll get out of it what you put into it.

https://nuleafnaturals.com/product/1450mg-full-spectrum-cbd-oil-high-grade-hemp-extract/

https://www.elixinol.com/batch-tests

https://www.cbdpure.com/lab-test-results/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Start with one drop. I started putting one drop on a piece of kibble and letting it soak in before I gave it to each of my girls as a treat. My girls weigh 23 kilos and 27 kilos respectively and they are 6 and 8 years old. The six year old has two bone spurs in her back and the eight year old is half Shepherd. You know that bouncy gait that puppies have? Kinda like they've got springs in their paws? That's my girls now. We all take 3 drops each at 6 am and at 6 pm. Theirs is going through the alimentary canal so they're actually getting less than myself who is taking it sublingually.

Dr. Baron (vet in Guadalajara) recommends the dosage on the gums between cheek and jowel IF possible. I think that would only be possible with a very passive (read sick) dog. YMMV.

For very small dogs, you would purchase a lower dosage bottle because it's hard to cut a drop in half. ;)

Observe over 5 days and adjust dosage accordingly.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 4:01 PM, lakeside7 said:

It seems only months ago that people were sing the the virtues of Opidos....and now we realize the terrible  consequences of that must have drug

I was prescribed opioids (30 years ago) and had to be "weaned" from that poison by a professional. In the US I lived in a state where medical marijuana was an option. I have used medical grade CBD off and on for four years and it's amazing. I took it in the morning and could work all day and function without feeling high. It helps people with chronic pain, anxiety and much more. Big Pharma products scare me much more than products derived from marijuana -- been there, done that!

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ferret said:

Start with one drop. I started putting one drop on a piece of kibble and letting it soak in before I gave it to each of my girls as a treat. My girls weigh 23 kilos and 27 kilos respectively and they are 6 and 8 years old. The six year old has two bone spurs in her back and the eight year old is half Shepherd. You know that bouncy gait that puppies have? Kinda like they've got springs in their paws? That's my girls now. We all take 3 drops each at 6 am and at 6 pm. Theirs is going through the alimentary canal so they're actually getting less than myself who is taking it sublingually.

Dr. Baron (vet in Guadalajara) recommends the dosage on the gums between cheek and jowel IF possible. I think that would only be possible with a very passive (read sick) dog. YMMV.

For very small dogs, you would purchase a lower dosage bottle because it's hard to cut a drop in half. ;)

Observe over 5 days and adjust dosage accordingly.

it also depends on the strength of the CBD.  A couple of months ago, Virginia ( 8 kilo dog ) took 10 drops a day, without any problem.  If you add it to food, it lasts longer.  Directly in the mouth ( under tongue)  works faster, but not as long.

Absolutely Rony.  But if you add it to their food, the actual concentration is much depleted by the time it finally gets absorbed by the intestines and gets into the blood stream. That's why it's important to really know what the concentration is per drop from an accredited third party testing facility.

38 minutes ago, LeonCBDAjijic said:

Guadalajara, Test of the Final Product of the Oil. Blessings

Yet you don't tell us the name of the accredited lab or post the certificate of analysis?

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Absolutely Rony.  But if you add it to their food, the actual concentration is much depleted by the time it finally gets absorbed by the intestines and gets into the blood stream. That's why it's important to really know what the concentration is per drop from an accredited third party testing facility.

Yet you don't tell us the name of the accredited lab or post the certificate of analysis?

Ill send it PM for the ones interested about.

12 minutes ago, LeonCBDAjijic said:

Ill send it PM for the ones interested about.

yes, please.   Thks