Chapala.com Webboard

Costco, back side, on Lopez Mateos

bezerk

Mostly Lost..thank you ever so much.  

I went last week, on saturday, but I went west figuring would be okay, leisurely drive, wrong..3 hours to get to Costco..and 1 hour to go 8 hours on carretera.  Nightmare, spent less time shopping than traveling.  I was able to find the Macrolibramiento back and whew one hour to get home.  I swore I was never going there again til I knew the exit.  This is great info.  

7 hours ago, bezerk said:

Mostly Lost..thank you ever so much.  

I went last week, on saturday, but I went west figuring would be okay, leisurely drive, wrong..3 hours to get to Costco..and 1 hour to go 8 hours on carretera.  Nightmare, spent less time shopping than traveling.  I was able to find the Macrolibramiento back and whew one hour to get home.  I swore I was never going there again til I knew the exit.  This is great info.  

You could be the only who got lost going that way. You could have looked at aerial photos of it first and seen how easy it is or watch for the signs that Mostly lost posted.  You go west on the Macroliframiento until you take the Guadalajara exit after which you go east. 

Do you ever wonder if you should be navigating? I did until I got some good maps and a good GPS.

cedros, LOL. I did not get lost, I chose to just not bother until I actually knew which exit to take there so I went the old way to the west of Ajijic etc.  I found it, the Macrolibramiento on way back but it is not clearly marked.  

I will admit I am geographically challenged though and did not want take the chance of missing the exit and ending up in Tepic.  LOL.  

I use the Macrollibramiento a lot heading to PV.  

My post was not correct it took me 3 hours almost, to get to Costco with the incredible, overwhelming traffic here, ( going by way of West Ajijic) and only 1 hour to get home as I took the Macro..

11 hours ago, bezerk said:

cedros, LOL. I did not get lost, I chose to just not bother until I actually knew which exit to take there so I went the old way to the west of Ajijic etc.  I found it, the Macrolibramiento on way back but it is not clearly marked.  

I will admit I am geographically challenged though and did not want take the chance of missing the exit and ending up in Tepic.  LOL.  

I use the Macrollibramiento a lot heading to PV.  

My post was not correct it took me 3 hours almost, to get to Costco with the incredible, overwhelming traffic here, ( going by way of West Ajijic) and only 1 hour to get home as I took the Macro..

It is obvious why it took you 3 hours to get there-you started out going the wrong way. A mystery why you went to West Ajijic first instead of heading from San Antonio towards the airport on the libramiento and catching the Macrolibramiento north of Chapala and then watching for the Guadalajara exit. A mystery to me because it amazes me that some people can't look at maps and get a mental picture of the route but it seems that this is the case with some people. I guess we didn't give you the correct first move.

• 1 month later...

I know the way now but as stated I decided when I went to try going the old way which I knew which was a total mistake or disaster.  

Bet I could go now pretty easily that way though. 

Cedros you gave the correct first move , I just tried the old way and will likely never do that again.  It worked just fine for many years.