Chapala.com Webboard

Nice place for a week or two vacation

We live in a great location right on the lake west of San Juan Cosala. House is a nice 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath but the real star here is living right on the lake and our beautiful view.

We have to travel NOB to deal with our residency requirements as we had just started taking retirement income before we moved here and did not have the required time of bank statements to apply. Now we do, so are leaving mid March for 2-3 weeks. We have great Mexican neighbors who are good friends who could easily watch our house and 2 cats for us and we would be totally confident and happy with that.

It seems to me however that with so much interest in the area that perhaps there are folks that would like to come and check out Lake Chapala that might want to use our home for a week or so? I am not asking for money or charging anything. Just thought it would be cool to share our lovely home with someone that does not mind 2 spoiled cats and would enjoy our gorgeous view and relatively quiet location.

We live right on the carretera so buses are easy to catch or call a taxi of course. Your own car would be even better. Our house is walled and gated and feels safe. We are not in central Ajijic so if that is the experience someone is looking for they won't find it here. There is room for 4 adults comfortably. We have pretty comfortable beds, a nice kitchen and outdoor bbq area and the home is reasonably furnished. We have Shaw satellite so English speaking TV and sort of flaky internet but it works OK at least most of the time.

Just throwing it out there if anyone knows someone that wants to check out what Lake Chapala has to offer or even someone who just wants a great vacation in March:-) 

inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge

View user profile Send private message

IMG-9598.JPG

• Like 1

Just to be clear.....I do not NEED a pet sitter or a house sitter and I am not looking for a professional "sitter" in any way shape or form. We have friends that are more than happy to do either. I am just putting this out there to SHARE our lovely home with someone that might benefit from such a situation as I am sure there are many people that might. Throughout my life I have tried to share wonderful experiences with strangers and it has served me very well, contributing to some of my greatest friendships that I have today:-) So....really we are looking for someone that would benefit by enjoying our home while we are not here. Maybe it will be the start of a friendship, maybe it would just help someone out. Either is fine with us and it is as simple as that🥰

Of course I would communicate extensively with anyone that wants to do so about the cats and their needs and how to keep them safe and everything else that we would consider important about staying in our home when we are not here. Our neighbors will be right next door in any emergency and would be most happy to help anyone staying here:-) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

So....really we are looking for someone that would benefit by enjoying our home while we are not here. Maybe it will be the start of a friendship, maybe it would just help someone out. Either is fine with us and it is as simple as that🥰

That is exactly the sort of people in the group I mentioned.

We use trusted house sitters USA.  I had five replies to my request and ended up with a nice couple from California.  They took excellent care of our home and pets.  I know you don't need a pet sitter.  Check it out.  Lots of people are interested in coming to our area or they have already been here and want to come back.

Have had a number if people get in touch with me so I am sure our offer will be utilized by someone  who will benefit from the experience:) 

Hola Susy,

My wife and I do house sitting so we would be glad to house sit for you. Just let me know the dates and we can work it out. My wife and I have house sat for about 3 years here in Ajijic and Chapala and we would be happy to house sit for you while you are gone. We also house sit for people with pets as well so if you have any pets that need to be taken care of as well as your house, we can do that as well. And best of all we don't charge for our house sits.

Jim