Chapala.com Webboard

2020 survey/ census

Kyle

I have been censused twice. Nice young people. They asked about bathrooms, bedrooms, children, etc. I answered 2 bathrooms but sometimes I use the garden is that bad? They asked how many children I have. I answered two girls but they were real ugly. Is that ok? 

Have fun and I made them laugh. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

I have been censused twice. Nice young people. They asked about bathrooms, bedrooms, children, etc. I answered 2 bathrooms but sometimes I use the garden is that bad? They asked how many children I have. I answered two girls but they were real ugly. Is that ok? 

Have fun and I made them laugh. 

That's terrific. What a sense of humor!

SunFan

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

I live in a factiamento . Our board is telling us to let surveyors into our homes for the 2020 census.  Has anyone else heard of this?  Sound strange to me.

And if you were NOB and a door-to-door census was taking place, would you refuse to comply?

Good idea to not let them  inside.  But you must answer their questions.... from the front door or on front steps.  They will show ID badges with photos so take the time to actually look at them.

I have been in Mexico and at home for about 5 census and I have never been interviewed. I heard they had come or they left a note but they moved on. 

15 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I let a polite young women sit on my couch 10 years ago and I answered her questions.  No big deal.  It's important that they count all the expats to get a, hopefully, accurate count of how many of us there are here.

Are you sure they are allowed to ask for country of birth and immigration status? This is very big deal in the U.S. right now where they are not allowed to ask these questions.

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Are you sure they are allowed to ask for country of birth and immigration status? This is very big deal in the U.S. right now where they are not allowed to ask these questions.

It's not a big deal here.  This is not the racist US.

• Sad 3

Colonos de Brisas de Chapala,  A.C. is scheduled for the census in March.  They came to the Fraccionamiento office today and did the survey for the Fraccionamiento itself.  FYI They did not ask Country of birth or immigration status.  They mainly wanted to know what services and amenities are available.  

2 hours ago, Yo1 said:

It's not a big deal here.  This is not the racist US.

The USA not being allowed to ask those questions is the exact oposite of racist. It is called politically correct.

Mexico is actually a very racist country. Even the political party in power has a racist name. People are referred to by skin color all the time. Political correctness had not started here yet.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Yes, it has been on both census I've been through here. They ask citizenship and residency status. I don't care, I want them to have the info. Every country I've checked has it on their census and have the right to know who is there. It was standard in the USA for 50-60 years. Is it not on the Canada census? It has nothing to do with racism it has to do with the country's right to know who is in residence.

• Like 3

However in the U.S. these questions were an attempt to turn the census into a political weapon. Firstly, illegals would be unlikely to answer. Secondly, the Republican Senator who was pushing so hard for this change was caught admitting this information would be used for gerrymandering political voting districts. Counties with large ethnic populations were to be split, some in quite drastic ways.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1