Chapala.com Webboard

Min Hua-recent experiences

Mainecoons

54 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

Hopefully  you don't  have high blood pressure or you're  headed for a stroke.

120/80 average consistently, octogenarian, and no matter how hard I try; I can´t get it up any higher. You have to remember that depending on the study(ies), salt only affects the blood pressure  of the populace on a range of 10 to 25 per cent 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ferret said:

My hubby always salted and peppered his food before even tasting it. Taste first! Then adjust accordingly. I never cook with salt because I'm salt sensitive but it's always on the table for anyone else.

Same here, I like fresh salt on my food, as the salt cooked in or pre-applied loses it´s punch.

4 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

120/80 average consistently, octogenarian, and no matter how hard I try; I can´t get it up any higher. You have to remember that depending on the study(ies), salt only affects the blood pressure  of the populace on a range of 10 to 25 per cent 

No kidding! I, who do NOT use salt, had a scare when my BP tilted to 190/110... and that was six hours after the "event". Scared the crap out of me and I now take BP meds and am at 115/70 every morning. I'm not thrilled about the medication but the BP sneaks up within 48 hours if I miss taking it. Everyone's different.

15 minutes ago, Ferret said:

No kidding! I, who do NOT use salt, had a scare when my BP tilted to 190/110... and that was six hours after the "event". Scared the crap out of me and I now take BP meds and am at 115/70 every morning. I'm not thrilled about the medication but the BP sneaks up within 48 hours if I miss taking it. Everyone's different.

And you don´t use salt, so there you go.  A lot of other factors can be involved.  I do try to stay (without a problem) at 80 kgs weight on a 1.90 frame  (for you estadounidenses that´s 180 lbs and 6´3´´ height).  I think extra weight contributes to HBP ,as well as genetics, and other issues, so who knows

Yeah, genetics. Now I think I know why my grandmother died at 68. Weird though because my BP has always been notoriously low and I've been the same weight for the last twenty years. Coulda been renovating my house though. That's enough to put anyone's BP through the roof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:20 PM, Zeb said:

Tempura is Japanese.  I thought this was a Chinese restaurant.....

8 hours ago, Zeb said:

.The owner and main cook is Mexican. The main waiter is Japanese

On 2/24/2020 at 10:20 PM, Zeb said:

8 hours ago, Zeb said:

The owner and main cook is Mexican. The main waiter is Japanese

• Confused 1

I finally made it back to Win Wah. It is much improved from my last visit. But the dishes are still not as good as the China Inn in Jocotepec IMHO but the decor is much better. Service and prices were good. 

I was waiting to get a group of us to go but there was only 2 of us.

Took a drive out to CHINA INN on Saturday past. (Man, that highway is nice right now. And drivers are actually following the rules of road etiquette, allowing passing in the extra wide lanes.)

Anyway, we ordered four dishes, and each was delicious. Some were priced at only 80p; others up to 110p if shrimp was included. We had a mixed chow mein, shrimp chow mein, S&S chicken, tempura shrimp (superior) and salmon sushi. I forget that each dish is more than enough for one, served on a platter with a huge helping of fried rice. We purposely ordered extra so there would be lots of take-home leftovers.

The thing that continues to impress me about the China Inn, apart from the friendly owner and the speed of delivery, is that each dish tastes unique. The shrimp chow mein had a massive amount of seasoned shrimp, belying the low price; the mixed chow mein had a nice smokey flavour, and the S&S chicken was spot on. The sushi was the only letdown; they just don't use sushi rice, and that ruins it.

• Like 1