Chapala.com Webboard

getting one`s current balance from CFE

bdmowers

10 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Can one take one`s last bill to the CFE computer and find out one`s current balance even between bill dates?

Used to be yes.  Now???   Try this.  Take today's reading on your meter (digital or draw the little circles and arrows depending on your meter).  Take this and your last bill and go to CFE office in Chapala.  They can calculate up to today's date.

We've successfully used this method when leaving a rental between billing periods..... BUT last time was 9 years ago.

They must be able to do it as Natasha says because that's what happens when closing the deal on a house to split the bill between new owner and old. The previous owner took a date stamped cell phone photo of the meter before we went to CFE together. Make sure the photo takes in the ID of the meter. No problems but there was a small charge for changing the meter into my name.

If you're leaving for the season, please be aware that there is still a 46 peso administration fee for generating a bill every two months.

Yes, they can, inside, but not at the machine (OP). And they cannot do it for the current moment in time, if that is a phrase. With real estate, they always have to wait until the end cycle for phones and CFE before they can calculate, so one is not going to get an actual balance by walking in and asking.

They did not wait until the end of the cycle to split the bill. They waited until the end of the cycle to generate the split bills.

Anyway, since we don't know why the OP wants to do this, there is no point speculating further.

Read the meter, subtract it from the reading on your last bill and do the calculations accordingly. It only gets a little complicated if you're spread over a few of the rates. But it's definitely doable.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

They did not wait until the end of the cycle to split the bill. They waited until the end of the cycle to generate the split bills.

Anyway, since we don't know why the OP wants to do this, there is no point speculating further.

Read the meter, subtract it from the reading on your last bill and do the calculations accordingly. It only gets a little complicated if you're spread over a few of the rates. But it's definitely doable.

There`s a reason!  I`ve been using a heater extensively this season and want to find out how poor I`m going to be after the next CFE bill so I can prepare myself.  Should I begin learniing about wild foods to cut down my food bill?   But, it sounds like one cannot, indeed, learn how much one owes in the moment, between billing periods, by consulting the machine.  That`s what I wanted to do.  Standing in a line in the building is not enough fun.  Thanks, community, for this wisdom-gathering-in-the-round!