Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Mikki

robo calls

Recommended Posts

How do I stop robo calls?  They are calling every 15 minutes.  I found a post by Spencer from a few years ago, I tried what he recomended but that did not work!  There is most likely a new number to call!

Mikki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Mikki said:

How do I stop robo calls?  They are calling every 15 minutes.  I found a post by Spencer from a few years ago, I tried what he recomended but that did not work!  There is most likely a new number to call!

Mikki

I use the app "Should I Answer?" on my cell. It doesn't stop them, but you get fewer and the numbers you have blocked are automatically disconnected.I don't answer any calls that aren't from contacts. Too risky IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might see a sudden improvement. The U.S. goverment has launched a very aggressive programme to shut down these callers. They are typically based outside the U.S. but hire massive server time from U.S. carriers. These are what they are targetting, massive fines and even jail time for repeat offenders.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

You might see a sudden improvement. The U.S. goverment has launched a very aggressive programme to shut down these callers. They are typically based outside the U.S. but hire massive server time from U.S. carriers. These are what they are targetting, massive fines and even jail time for repeat offenders.

 

Are you thinking the Mexican govt will follow right away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Are you thinking the Mexican govt will follow right away?

No, I am thinking most of these calls are routed through U.S. telephony servers. I am thinking Mexicans are too smart to buy stupid things over the phone from a stranger. Plus, the calls would have be in Spanish to have any effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't receive robo calls from the USA. I only receive them from Mexico and they are in Spanish. So US legislation will have no effect on robo calls in Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I don't receive robo calls from the USA. I only receive them from Mexico and they are in Spanish. So US legislation will have no effect on robo calls in Mexico.

Exactly, why would anyone receive calls of any fashion through the US to a Mexican number.  The ones I have received are usually, but not always, CDMX, and always with MEXICAN Spanish speakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I am just lucky. I almost never get robo calls on my Mexican Telmex number which I have had since 1997 nor my Telcel # which I have had for maybe 15 years.

In Seattle, I get about 2 or 3 per week on my landline # which I have had since 2006 and none on my Seattle Ooma (internet) phone which I take with me when I am in Mexico.

No, I have not taken any special action to stop robo calls. For some reason, I almost never get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Exactly, why would anyone receive calls of any fashion through the US to a Mexican number.  The ones I have received are usually, but not always, CDMX, and always with MEXICAN Spanish speakers.

And most are trying to sell insurance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

And most are trying to sell insurance.  

The real kind or the "protection" version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickS said:

The real kind or the "protection" version?

Haha  no the real kind. 

I'm sure it's because of my good credit bureau in Mexico. Insurance and American Express, plus BBVA & Telmex are a pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RickS said:

The real kind or the "protection" version?

The cheapest "protection" version is some guy calling from northwest Pakistan…...Seguros Taliban-----:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...