Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

I am in working Visa FM3. Can I work for US remotely?

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am an Indian and I came to Mexico in FM3 work Visa. I have 2more year valid Visa till 2022 after that I am eligible for Permanent residence. I am currently working for Mexican company. But I received a job offer from US to work remotely. Can I work from mexico for US? If so do I have to declare my taxes in both USA and Mexico? As I am in work Visa do I have any issues to work for US company?

Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, there is no such thing as a FM3 anymore, there hasn't been for many years- it is now a temporary resident visa.

You don't need to permission to work for a foreign (in this case US) company, if all the work is done online and you get paid to a US or other than Mexican account. As for the tax implications, you shouldn't be subject to Mexican taxes-money is taxed where it is earned, so if the US company pays to a US bank account, you would be subject to US taxes, and also perhaps taxes to another country that you may be a citizen or resident of. But those questions are best asked of a tax professional to be certain you are complying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

If you quit working for a Mexican company then you need to change your status with SAT to inactive and then inform INM within 90 days of having done so. 

If you got your entry / work visa in to Mexico by being sponsored and quit working for that company you may be told to leave.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...