Chapala.com Webboard

Brother and sister (mix of Chihuahua? Xolo? MSD?) need homes

Nelson just wants a good lap to crawl onto, and Naomi is looking for a good squeaky-toy thrower.

Naomi is about 4 kilos and is inquisitive, playful and fearless.  Nelson is smaller, about 3 kilos, and is mellow and affectionate.  Neither is very barky.  They are 4-5 months old and are black with white on chests and feet.

They both get along well with other dogs, and I suspect they'd be fine with cats.

We are in Ajijic.  PM i you'd like to meet them. They can go to different homes.

IMG_20200109_171726053_HDRB.jpg

IMG_20200124_153811094.jpg

IMG_20200124_153439263_HDR.jpg

Beautiful dogs.  We're full with 3 but I've sent this to several others and posted on FB.

Hopefully they'll get a forever home soon.

Cheers,

Val  :)

Sorry but we adopted two young dogs and they bonded with each other and with both of us.  They play together, sleep together with me on my bed, one is on my recliner with me when watching TV or reading and one with my husband.  The last pair of babies we adopted that have now passed away of old age were the same.  They have each other for company when we go out.  

• Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Wookie said:

Sorry but we adopted two young dogs and they bonded with each other and with both of us.  They play together, sleep together with me on my bed, one is on my recliner with me when watching TV or reading and one with my husband.  The last pair of babies we adopted that have now passed away of old age were the same.  They have each other for company when we go out.  

And here is another story keeping brother and sister together. Frick and Frack are the 2 blondies in the pic. A friend died so we took them and discovered they were 11-12 years old and the 2 other separate owners before our friend also died. they obviously were together for a long time. Not only did they bond with us,but our other rescues as well until their death last year at the age of 18 and 19.

dogs.jpg

• Like 2

First, I am talking about puppies from 30+ years experience volunteering at shelters and in breed rescue. If someone wants both, don't not let them adopt, but don't require that they stay together. Also understand that too often the paired puppies never really bond with their owners.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MtnMama said:

First, I am talking about puppies from 30+ years experience volunteering at shelters and in breed rescue. If someone wants both, don't not let them adopt, but don't require that they stay together. Also understand that too often the paired puppies never really bond with their owners.

If Frick and Frack bonded with us and the rest of the herd they most probably bonded with the 3 previous deceased owners.

• Sad 1

On 2/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, MtnMama said:

Apparently there are people who would extrapolate their own personal experience with a couple of dogs to mean that they are correct and that the advice of someone with 30 year's experience with probably thousands of dogs is to be dismissed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I have yet to see any dog, especially rescues, not bond with their owner  as long as love, food, love, patience, and more love were given in large doses. This isn't to say that MtnMama doesn't have a valid point, she absolutely does,  just giving another view as someone who has also worked with rescues and actually had a pet business.

P.S. I LOVE the names "Frick"  and "Frack!"  We have nicknames for our little terrors, too, but they can't be printed here!😯

• Like 1

The biggest problem that I had with getting two (unrelated) pups at the same time came years later when I had two seniors at the same time. Neither dog could really keep up with me and each had her own senior health issues. OTOH the only thing more fun than a puppy is a whole bunch of puppies.🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

• Like 1