Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration at Mex City airport question...

addtocart

There is an immigration booth right near the gates for departure. It really didn't take much time. Be careful asking for info. Everyone will tell you something different. The first time I did it I was walking all over the *#&^$airport. Finally found someone and the immigration booth was right near the boarding gates. Sorry I don't remember which gates, but they were where all the international flights left from.

13 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Related question since we may be doing this next year.  Can one get the immigration document here rather than wait until Mexico City?

While MEX is the correct place to get your FMM processed, we have had mixed luck at GDL when flying from there to MEX then outside the country.  It's really up to the agent, so it doesn't hurt to try.  

We used the window at the GDL airport a couple of weeks ago...Not an issue..It is a pain in MEX especially if going from terminal 1 to #2 with a close connection..I doubt it makes any difference as INM  only scans the info in..There is never a flight check ..

Get a blank FMM form at GDL, fill it out, and turn it in at MEX.  Check for a map on Google for intl. and domestic terminals at MEX.  This will give you a better idea of where you are going for INM and your concourse.   This procedure makes it much faster and less stressful.

35 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Interesting, the last time we flew out of the country the airline required us to go get the FMN first before being allowed to check in.  

That's always true when your departure flight is from Mexico to outside Mexico. If you get your FMM processed at GDL and you are connecting to MEX, do NOT give your FMM stub to the airline flying you from GDL to MEX.  You hold it until you depart MEX to outside the country. 

I **think**  what @Tomas is saying re: "there is never a flight check" is that if you do not give your boarding pass to INM at GDL, they won't ask where you are going, and that was the case on our last trip (GDL to MEX to Guatemala).  However, on a previous flight (two years ago) from GDL to MEX to GUA, the INM agent did ask to see our boarding pass.  When he saw it, he told us to go to INM at MEX.  

With so many people using their phone to store their boarding passes rather than a printed ticket, it's possible that INM no longer asks for the boarding pass to confirm your destination out of GDL???