Chapala.com Webboard

Texture Repair on Cement Wall

Chop

17 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Coarse nylon bristle brush. The coating is white latex paint, mixed with white concrete cement (no sand). Quite easy, but if you start working with two people together, you might meet in the middle and find you were not on the same page at all!

So basically what is sold as Cemento Blanco in the ferreterias?  Seems simple enough.  I have some of that around

I had the entirety of my interior walls resurfaced a while ago when doing new electric.

At the bottom of the walls that there was a sealer (rubbery in feel) that dripped down onto the floor.  I am assuming that was something that was added to the cemento blanco?  

I should have mentioned that the above photo has been primed and painted, and therefore is white from that. 

Here are pre-painted photos.  Sorry, I should have included this earlier.

Coarse nylon brush?  What would that look like? 

concrete-wall-closeup.jpg

concretewall.jpg

The nylon sweeping brush found everywhere. Another unique finish, popular in Mexico and Europe is called tyrolean. It is good to hide a wall with lots defects. It requires a handheld machine, which is a hopper, than a wheel of metal flickers which shoots little gobs of cement onto the wall. You can slightly flatten the gobs with a trowel for another effect. They used to be manufactured in CDMX by a company called Tirolessa. Not expensive at all. I don' know anymore. I had two of their handheld stucco sprayers, and high output air pump using two cylinders of 1,600 cc Volks engine.

Yes, some painted latex walls need a acrylic glue to enable cement to stick. Latex paint is nothing more than inexpensive acrylic latex glue.

https://tirolessa.com.mx

• 2 weeks later...