Chapala.com Webboard

Need mechanic for VW Beetle problems

Lexy

I own a 2010 VW Beetle. It now has electrical and lock malfunctions. My mechanic's repair experience with Beetles is limited. He's researched the problems, but hasn't yet solved them.

I need a skilled mechanic with specific know-how in the repair of the problems that VW Beetles are prone to.

Please: If you know of such a mechanic in the area would you PM me his name. Or post it here.

Thanks, Lexy

1 hour ago, johanson said:

Aren't these the two brothers who came down from Canada maybe 20 years ago who have this, well deserved, great reputation?

Yes Ron Young   Brother is a machinist with all the machines necessary to make whatever. Ron's phone  is 376-765-6387  Ron is honest and reasonable and old air cooled beetles he does know well.

But  a 2010 is the New Beetle which any mechanic who can work on Jettas etc. should be able to handle

• Like 2

The problem you will have is that Volkswagen mechanics are like a cult. The company develops tools which are specifically engineered only for Volks products. Your only hope is someone who knows how to scavenge parts. Don't worry, should not be expensive, locks are usually pneumatic hoses, electronic are by mechanic intuition. Contact Luis or Pepe 376 766 0124 or 765 3618.