Chapala.com Webboard

Rack of Lamb

happyjillin

Two people: Hawkeye Pierce and you. Always have to get the last word, no matter how wrong or unrelated. So, go ahead.

To the rest of those reading this thread, I cannot apologize. This is one turkey who has been disrupting this Webboard for far too long, and it's time he was shot down. He was bad enough as Pedro, and for a while with his new filthy moniker, he was just a smartass. But once again he has become the patronizing fool he has always been. He just can't resist.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:11 PM, happyjillin said:

It's the real deal, unlike some of the vendors around here try to pawn off as lamb. From Soriana and they are Mexican not imported and about 1/3 of the cost from a certain store here. There are 2 racks per package and I partially thaw them to separate and put one back in the freezer. BBQ to die for!

IMG_1180.jpg

A reminder of what this thread is about. lamb and nothing but lamb. Too bad some feel better drifting off into personal attacks in a jealous rage. Why don't you block me so that you don't have to read all my useful informative posts.

Sincerely

happyjillin

Your posts are not useful and informative, after the fact. They are always followed up with vitriol and patronizing judgments. You couldn't even start this thread without a nasty sling at local butchers, stores, whatever. Your use of the words jealous and rage are laughable, obviously more words you do not comprehend, right up there with "contextual". You've been so full of pent-up hate for so long, it bubbles over into almost everything you say.

6 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Your posts are not useful and informative, after the fact. They are always followed up with vitriol and patronizing judgments. You couldn't even start this thread without a nasty sling at local butchers, stores, whatever. Your use of the words jealous and rage are laughable, obviously more words you do not comprehend, right up there with "contextual". You've been so full of pent-up hate for so long, it bubbles over into almost everything you say.

describing yourself again? 😴😴😴😴🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Yup,so that you know what a shoulder looks like. I wasn't going to go to Soriana and pull one out of their freezer to foto theirs just to make that post.

4 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Cost today at Soriana was $400/kilo. Most packages came in slightly under 1 kilo.

I got a pack on Tuesday.  I  *think* they were 419/k but I've discarded the wrapping.  They were easy to separate....I left on counter less than an hour then worked the outer bones loose and they separated nicely; the meat itself never thawed.  I threw both in freezer and plan on grilling one next week.  

1 minute ago, ComputerGuy said:

Cost today at Soriana was $400/kilo. Most packages came in slightly under 1 kilo.

The price I gave was per package not per kilo. I  bought 2 and they were a bit over $300/package.  Here is another vid explaining why French cut rack is expensive so we are quite lucky that Soriana sells it for a reasonable price.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQH9RVj04rw

When I read the news about racks of lamb at Soriana, I went there and was disappointed to see the freezer where 'racks of lamb' was clearly labelled, was empty.  I figured every other lamb lover in town had beat me to them.  However, I asked the butcher, and he happily brought out a whole box of racks from the back freezer for me to choose my two packages (four racks, yum!).   So it may well be that they will have this regularly.     Hubby and I enjoyed the first rack that evening.  Delicious. Three more to savour over the next few weeks.  

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For 3 years I lived in Geelong, Australia.  Geelong use to be a major port for the export of lamb meat in Australia.  In 1871 a refrigerated shipload was sent to England but unfortunately the refrigeration broke down and it was spoiled.  In 1876 New Zealand started sending ship loads of refrigerated lamb to England.  The first ship had trouble selling the meat until a large free feast of the meat was provided the leading merchants and the tasty meat won the merchants over.  Refrigeration had worked.  Due to the large number of sheep in Australia (over 120 million versus 70 million for New Zealand) lamb was very cheap.  I had never eaten lamb prior to Australia but I was soon putting the cheap lamb chops on the barbie like the Aussies almost every night,  The butcher shops also had a lamb roast which had a mint stuffing I liked.  Most of the Australian sheep are in semi-arid and harsh conditions and are raised for their wool.  Whereas, in New Zealand it rains more and the grass is green and tender making for tender meat.  The breeds of sheep have a lot to do with it also and while Australia has breeds for fine wool, New Zealand has breeds for the butcher shop.  Today some of the best lamb in the world comes from New Zealand. 

• Like 1