Chapala.com Webboard

Fresh uncooked chicken

judybrick

On 1/31/2020 at 7:00 PM, MtnMama said:

Maria Elania's chicken at the Tuesday Market cost a bit more but they are free-range. That means the chicken was running around a barnyard eating bugs rather than sitting in a cage. I think they taste better. YRMV

How do you know? have you seen these chickens running around?

59 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

So Pedro the Magnificence wants to take over another forum and destroy it. Don't think so. I have clearly stated where to buy fresh meats, vegetables and eggs.

Really?  Disagreeing with you and pushing back is wanting “to take over another forum”? You sure give him a lot of credit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Getting back to the topic....Do you really want to pay double for a hen who has been running around a yard, eating bugs and developing tough muscles or one who has been cooped up, fed nourishing food and getting fat and delicious? Just asking.

Having seen pictures of the cages and read about the general conditions, and grown up spending summers on a farm where the chickens ran around, I'll take the free-range any day. Cook in a pressure cooker or clay cooker and the meat is flavorful and tender.

2 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Having seen pictures of the cages and read about the general conditions, and grown up spending summers on a farm where the chickens ran around, I'll take the free-range any day. Cook in a pressure cooker or clay cooker and the meat is flavorful and tender.

Don't you feel sorry for the bugs they eat?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I see a whole freezer row of Tyson chicken products at the Costco Stores in GDL, and have for years. They are famous for their rotisserie chicken which comes from Tyson. Don´t shop much at Sam´s but have seen Tyson products there also.

Yes, I see Tyson products of all kinds at Costco.  But what neither you nor I see are the grey, hideous frozen products that Tyson tried to sell in Mexico about 15 years ago and failed.  

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

She is well-known to the hipper shoppers lakeside for her top-quality and organic meats.

If you Google the most fraudulent food labeling claims, topping the list will be ORGANIC, NATURAL, and FREE RANGE. I do not know if they have Free Range Chicken Inspectors NOB but for sure if they have such a thing here in Mexico, he/she would be the brother/cousin/mother- in-law of the State official in charge of such appointments. You will never see my fraud sniffing face at the Monday free for all, over priced, gullible gringo charade (so called market). My hard earned money goes to the local mercados, Super Lake or even Walmart where at least I can be confident that the labeling is accurate and I am paying a fair price. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rocks are not organic. I don't eat rocks. All life forms are organic and  I eat some of them. The Organic label as it's used today is nothing more than a marketing babel scam of the century. I guess I ain't hipper but probably should have kept my hip waders when we moved here.

hip waders.jpg

55 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

If you Google the most fraudulent food labeling claims, topping the list will be ORGANIC, NATURAL, and FREE RANGE. I do not know if they have Free Range Chicken Inspectors NOB but for sure if they have such a thing here in Mexico, he/she would be the brother/cousin/mother- in-law of the State official in charge of such appointments. You will never see my fraud sniffing face at the Monday free for all, over priced, gullible gringo charade (so called market). My hard earned money goes to the local mercados, Super Lake or even Walmart where at least I can be confident that the labeling is accurate and I am paying a fair price. 

Been there twice and that was enough.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:18 PM, gringohombre said:

Getting back to the topic....Do you really want to pay double for a hen who has been running around a yard, eating bugs and developing tough muscles or one who has been cooped up, fed nourishing food and getting fat and delicious? Just asking.

So true

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

Rocks are not organic. I don't eat rocks. All life forms are organic and  I eat some of them. The Organic label as it's used today is nothing more than a marketing babel scam of the century. I guess I ain't hipper but probably should have kept my hip waders when we moved here.

hip waders.jpg

True

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I don't give a good god damn what you think about any of it. I told you what she sells. The rest is up to you.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

If you all want to get into the old "what is organic" trip, be my guest, but open another thread, for chrissakes. I told you what I know.

39 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I don't give a good god damn what you think about any of it. I told you what she sells. The rest is up to you.

I'm sorry i offended the Anti-Free Speech Sargent at Arms again. Also, you are slipping since I also made a mistake by misidentifying it as the Monday market when if fact is is on Tuesday and you did not call me out for that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1