Chapala.com Webboard

Fresh uncooked chicken

judybrick

46 minutes ago, chapalence said:

I find it curious that someone in piss-poor health is giving advice on healthy eating, food safety, and using terms like "Garbage in, garbage out."

The phrase is "Monkey see, monkey do", not "Monkey say, monkey do".

Maybe you need a new information bank. Last year I had all my body organs thorougly checked out. No problems. I am working on some arthritis issues, waiting to see the orthopedist and physical therapist. Should be no problem since I once I used to be a gym rat. It takes about six weeks to adopt the habit of good health.

I

17 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I have seen it with my own eyes. The meat workers brushing on color before placing chicken portions them on trays before plastic wrap and labelling. We have also often bought chicken which has gone rotten well before the best sale date. The wierdest was in Puerto Vallarta when we bought a medium size broiler, only to find another very small chicken stuffed in the body cavity, head and claws and all.

What part of 'THEY COAT SOME PARTS" with a spicy sauce that is red in colour, as are most hot sauces, did you not understand? Personally I never buy those parts[mainly wings,drumsticks and thighs] because I  prefer to spice in any way I want.

17 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Maybe you need a new information bank. Last year I had all my body organs thorougly checked out. No problems. I am working on some arthritis issues, waiting to see the orthopedist and physical therapist. Should be no problem since I once I used to be a gym rat. It takes about six weeks to adopt the habit of good health.

I

The procedure that checks the entire body is called a PET scan and costs over $23,000 pesos. You have on many occasions proudly posted your frugal nature so did you shell out for a PET?

It takes nano seconds to adopt good health habits if you are a motivated person.

Here's a link to an article that explains why the chickens we EAT have yellowish skin.  The flesh of a chicken raised to be eaten is also a pinkish color.  The rough skin of the feet absorbs more of the yellow pigment than does the more tender skin of the body.

The chickens raised for laying eggs don't eat the same chicken feed as the chickens we eat, and they're white-skinned with greyer flesh.  

http://www.elsitioavicola.com/articles/2658/pigmentacian-en-pollo-de-engorde/

These are my photos, the whole chicken, feet removed, is ready for making caldo de pollo.  The raw chicken feet are at the Mercado San Juan in Morelia--when you buy chicken feet, ask your butcher to remove the nail-ends of the toes.  And don't say ewwww, chicken feet add tremendous depth of flavor to soup and are frequently served as a Chinese dish.  The third photo is my friend Antony eating dim sum chicken feet.

Pollo Listo para Caldo.jpg

Mercado Patas de Pollo.jpg

Jing Teng Antony and Chicken Foot.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, More Liana said:

Here's a link to an article that explains why the chickens we EAT have yellowish skin.  The flesh of a chicken raised to be eaten is also a pinkish color.  The rough skin of the feet absorbs more of the yellow pigment than does the more tender skin of the body.

The chickens raised for laying eggs don't eat the same chicken feed as the chickens we eat, and they're white-skinned with greyer flesh.  

http://www.elsitioavicola.com/articles/2658/pigmentacian-en-pollo-de-engorde/

These are my photos, the whole chicken, feet removed, is ready for making caldo de pollo.  The raw chicken feet are at the Mercado San Juan in Morelia--when you buy chicken feet, ask your butcher to remove the nail-ends of the toes.  And don't say ewwww, chicken feed add tremendous depth of flavor to soup and are frequently served as a Chinese dish.  The third photo is my friend Antony eating dim sum chicken feet.

Pollo Listo para Caldo.jpg

Mercado Patas de Pollo.jpg

Jing Teng Antony and Chicken Foot.jpg

I always ate chicken feet at dim sum. When I make soup I throw in the feet and don't bother removing the toes.

• Like 1

The best chickens in France are blue white and red and they ar also the most expensive chickens you can get. They are bread for their meat which is white, the feet are blue and the comb red... So much for the yellow chicken being the best to eat..Those are called Bresse chicken.

The chicken from the Landes are raised on corn and  are free ranged, they have a yellow skin..They are raised for their meat and their large white eggs..

I do not believe  that the yellow chicken or whote chicken are good for this or that , it all depends n the breed of chcken nd the way they are raised.

The Chiapas pollo de rancho are great forsoup and caldo and it is basically how they are cooked here.. They would be more tender if they cooked them longer but that is how people like them here, tough as nail.

• Like 1

Just now, bmh said:

The besr chickens in France are blie white and red and they ar also the most expensive chickens you can gte. Tey are bread for their meat which is white, the feet are blue and the comb red... So much for the yellow chicken being the best to eat..Those are called Bresse chicken.

The chicken from the Landes are raised on corn and  are free ranged, they have a yellow skin..They are raised for their meat and their large white eggs..

Last time I looked,we are in Mexico and discussing the chickens available here not France.

13 minutes ago, bmh said:

yes and this is why I do not believe th color of the chicken makes any difference..

The color doesn't make any difference in the flavor, but the chickens in Mexico actually taste like chicken, not like what one buys in the USA.

About 15 years ago, Tyson tried to import frozen chicken parts from the USA to Mexico.  I was in a Walmart and saw two past middle age Mexican women pick up the packages and look at the grey, ugly chicken flesh.  "Qué es esto?" questioned one.  "No sé, se ve horrible."  (What is this?  I don't know, it looks horrible.)  They finally saw that it was chicken parts and threw it back into the cooler.  "Vamos a comprar Bachoco, lo de siempre."  (We'll buy Bachoco, like we always do.)  Turned out that imported Tyson frozen chicken parts were a complete no-go in Mexico and soon disappeared from the markets.

• Like 4

If you want to taste chlorinated chicken, buy rotisserie from the busy takeout shop on the main commercial street just before the autoparts store and Soriana. You can definetely taste it. I think they keep their raw birds refrigerated in a chlorine solution.

Europe is so far ahead on food safety and ethical issues. I remember BMH telling us that fresh eggs could be left on the counter, to reach room temperature for omelettes for example. Factory eggs here are washed and the protective coating is removed. They require refrigeration for storage.

I think the orange red paste our friend is referring to is achiote or annato, as this article says, it has very little taste in small portions. It is used as a coloring throughout the Latin and Carribean world. It also says it has antimicrobal and antioxident qualities which can extend the shelf life. smoking gun I would say.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-achiote-or-annatto-2138265s

46 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

If you want to taste chlorinated chicken, buy rotisserie from the busy takeout shop on the main commercial street just before the autoparts store and Soriana. You can definetely taste it. I think they keep their raw birds refrigerated in a chlorine solution.

Europe is so far ahead on food safety and ethical issues. I remember BMH telling us that fresh eggs could be left on the counter, to reach room temperature for omelettes for example. Factory eggs here are washed and the protective coating is removed. They require refrigeration for storage.

I think the orange red paste our friend is referring to is achiote or annato, as this article says, it has very little taste in small portions. It is used as a coloring throughout the Latin and Carribean world. It also says it has antimicrobal and antioxident qualities which can extend the shelf life. smoking gun I would say.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-achiote-or-annatto-2138265s

Sorry pal,I have bought and tasted chicken wings laced with enough achiote to taste somewhat spicy at Soriana and walmart and I have seen Mexicans buying them because they are spiced no doubt,not just for the colour. There is nothing nefarious the butchers are doing except perhaps in your usual negative fantasies about various things around here.  Hopefully the OP will discard all these fantasy posts of yours and gets some chicken for their enjoyment as my wife and I  and many thousands of others have. Since you have such bad things to say about ALL chicken available here you must no longer eat ANY chicken. BY the way the eggs we buy at our nearby 2 or 3 abbarotes have poop on them and are delivered fresh everyday and just put on the counter whereas the eggs you may have bought in any number of stores in your beloved BC lingered in warehouses sometimes for many months as is common all over NOB.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Sorry pal,I have bought and tasted chicken wings laced with enough achiote to taste somewhat spicy at Soriana and walmart and I have seen Mexicans buying them because they are spiced no doubt,not just for the colour. There is nothing nefarious the butchers are doing except perhaps in your usual negative fantasies about various things around here.  Hopefully the OP will discard all these fantasy posts of yours and gets some chicken for their enjoyment as my wife and I  and many thousands of others have. Since you have such bad things to say about ALL chicken available here you must no longer eat ANY chicken. BY the way the eggs we buy at our nearby 2 or 3 abbarotes have poop on them and are delivered fresh everyday and just put on the counter whereas the eggs you may have bought in any number of stores in your beloved BC lingered in warehouses sometimes for many months as is common all over NOB.

I don't think I am going to follow the advice of someone who gets duped into a full body scan, gobbles endless parades of grilled meats, and enjoys eating raw bacon. Hardly the road to wellville!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

I don't think I am going to follow the advice of someone who gets duped into a full body scan, gobbles endless parades of grilled meats, and enjoys eating raw bacon. Hardly the road to wellville!

Of course not it's much more fun to google useless negative information constantly for your entertainment. I am not giving you any advice,just exposing your vitriolic nonsense once more. My doctors cannot and will not dupe me. They all are familiar with my medical knowledge and act accordingly as the professionals that they are. By implying  that they are not perhaps you should seek another doctor because one of them is also one of mine , as you mentioned Gary my friend. So, have you stopped eating chicken and products thereof or are you planning to do your usual obfuscation when a question makes you uncomfortable and all twitchy?

5 hours ago, More Liana said:

The color doesn't make any difference in the flavor, but the chickens in Mexico actually taste like chicken, not like what one buys in the USA.

About 15 years ago, Tyson tried to import frozen chicken parts from the USA to Mexico.  I was in a Walmart and saw two past middle age Mexican women pick up the packages and look at the grey, ugly chicken flesh.  "Qué es esto?" questioned one.  "No sé, se ve horrible."  (What is this?  I don't know, it looks horrible.)  They finally saw that it was chicken parts and threw it back into the cooler.  "Vamos a comprar Bachoco, lo de siempre."  (We'll buy Bachoco, like we always do.)  Turned out that imported Tyson frozen chicken parts were a complete no-go in Mexico and soon disappeared from the markets.

Bachoco brand is what we buy at Walmart.

bachoco chicken at walmart.jpg

6 hours ago, More Liana said:

I see a whole freezer row of Tyson chicken products at the Costco Stores in GDL, and have for years. They are famous for their rotisserie chicken which comes from Tyson. Don´t shop much at Sam´s but have seen Tyson products there also.