Chapala.com Webboard

Best Way to Get to Know the Lake Chapala/Ajijic Area Lake Chapala Society

AngusMactavish

Things must have changed since we first went there in 2000. Back then it was mostly new members of the LCS who mainly joined "to meet some new people". So they put them at the front desk to answer questions from other newbies and promised them they would meet "lots of new people". Never mind about giving out misinformation...the idea was to make new acquaintances. Worked for lots of folks but that was our last visit.

I first joined the LCS in about 1998 and have been a member ever since. I am there at least once per week to attend the local weekly computer club meetings. Yes, many to perhaps most members are newbies who are learning about Lake Chapala and wanting to meet other newbies, but there are also many folks like me who go there for other reasons.

Hey give it a try, it's quite economical. And you can join for  as short as one month. They also have a great  social area for drinking your morning coffee or perhaps having a BLT sandwich for lunch with friends or new acquaintances

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Things must have changed since we first went there in 2000. Back then it was mostly new members of the LCS who mainly joined "to meet some new people". So they put them at the front desk to answer questions from other newbies and promised them they would meet "lots of new people". Never mind about giving out misinformation...the idea was to make new acquaintances. Worked for lots of folks but that was our last visit.

Yeah. I am sure nothing has changed in 20 years. 🤔

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Yeah. I am sure nothing has changed in 20 years. 🤔

So...that's still the MO there? I don't remember those two gentlemen but I do remember quite a few newbie guys deciding to dress like that after a couple of months at lakeside. New tricks for old dogs. The guy on the right.

But they do have at least one program to benefit the Mexican people, as Neill James intended:  The Childrens Art program, free to all with many arts and crafts taught on Saturday mornings.  Now, there is also a July art camp for a week.  The Ajijic Society of the Arts yearly Open Studios Art Walk contributes funds to this group from the sale of the catalogs/admission tickets. Tickets are now on sale for this years' event happening on the weekend of February 22 and 23rd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2