Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking An Excellent Gardener

Carrol

I am searching for a REALLY good gardener....not just a maintenance man (or woman).  Basically, that will be someone who actually understands the trade. IE: who knows how to cut the grass without taking it all the way down to the roots; how to rake up the clippings after mowing; how to trim bougainvillea without rendering the plant naked; someone who uses a saw instead of a machete to prune; someone who takes pride in their work; etc.  The pay is excellent.    Any leads would be appreciated. 766-4338

4 hours ago, Carrol said:

I am searching for a REALLY good gardener....not just a maintenance man (or woman).  Basically, that will be someone who actually understands the trade. IE: who knows how to cut the grass without taking it all the way down to the roots; how to rake up the clippings after mowing; how to trim bougainvillea without rendering the plant naked; someone who uses a saw instead of a machete to prune; someone who takes pride in their work; etc.  The pay is excellent.    Any leads would be appreciated. 766-4338

Hi Carrol:  I tried to call you but i forgot the 3 numbers I am suppose to dial before your number.  I wanted to tell you about Ernesto Barron our good friend.  Many people on this board use him.  He is a hard working, honest and knowledgable young man.  His father works with him and taught him everything.  He is totally bilingual and lived in the states all his life.  Many people have said many good things about him.  I know he would be willing to give you a trial run if you wanted to check him out.  He has his own truck and all the tools.  A white truck that says "Barron's Landscape"  You can go to the search bar and type his name and see the references.  Thank you for considering him.

Ernesto and Demetrio Barron   331 267 9364

On 1/30/2020 at 5:46 PM, Shag said:

Hi Carrol:  I tried to call you but i forgot the 3 numbers I am suppose to dial before your number.  I wanted to tell you about Ernesto Barron our good friend.  Many people on this board use him.  He is a hard working, honest and knowledgable young man.  His father works with him and taught him everything.  He is totally bilingual and lived in the states all his life.  Many people have said many good things about him.  I know he would be willing to give you a trial run if you wanted to check him out.  He has his own truck and all the tools.  A white truck that says "Barron's Landscape"  You can go to the search bar and type his name and see the references.  Thank you for considering him.

Ernesto and Demetrio Barron   331 267 9364

We called Erenesto, he and his father came over, discussed our needs, said he would prepare a proposal for us and call in a couple days, never heard from him.again. 

4 minutes ago, Guiness said:

We called Erenesto, he and his father came over, discussed our needs, said he would prepare a proposal for us and call in a couple days, never heard from him.again. 

I am so very sorry, that is not like him, I will ask him what happened.

This is what happens when you give out your best workers names out to everybody and their brother.  Good people get stretched too thin and hate to say "No new clients at this time."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Shag, your intensions were good and that is what counts.  I remember when I offered a musician 20 pesos if he would leave the restaurant, and he did. But guess where he was the next day looking for another 20 peso donation to leave?

We all make mistakes. No big deal :) 

I am a long time very satisfied customer of the Barrons. I am lucky to have been an early customer, but agree he may be getting too many recommendations.  To the OP, ask your neighbors whose gardens look nice. There are many competent gardeners and there is probably one working just down the street.

We like Raquel. Her family owns the nursery in Riberas after Telecable and before Mom's Deli. She knows her plants and what she is doing. She is also responsible. 33 3901 9766