Chapala.com Webboard

Sidewalk along Carretera west of Juarez

Kalik

8 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

The bike path will be from Chapala to Jocotepec whenever it is finished.  That is the plan

maybe will should be might

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, HarryB said:

the bike path should be there. Sidewalks are the property owners responsibility, so I don't think you will see any.

All the new sidewalks being built in Chapala right now and when the last admin redid various street's infrastructures were/are all funded and constructed  by government. not we property owners. I almost forgot the local government three times removed[Chuy] redid all the sidewalks on Madero [good job] but including those useless green posts

It is by law the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain and repair the walk in front of their house. Whether the municipality enforces that anymore is anyone's guess, and if they elect to make sidewalks as part of some other project, especially if they don't have to pay for it, is a good deal.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 12:00 PM, Kalik said:

Has there been any discussion of sidewalks on the carretera from Aquiles Serdan to Juarez in Ajijic .  We have to walk that route and return daily.  Even a continuation of the bike path would be welcome.  Harry, have you heard anything? 

I presume you are referring to the break in the bicycle path running west from Juarez. I brought this up previously but it was suggested I invest in a car. This stretch of the Carretera is very dangerous for pedestrians and bicyclists. The parking taking place on the bike path through town is a joke of lack of  enforcement. Since it is Jalisco undertaking the path improvement project, I would think writing to the governor would be the best way to bring these issues to light.