Chapala.com Webboard

Car Registration Stickers Ready!

For those of you waiting to hear if the stickers are in Chapala before you go or have already paid the stickers are in.

If you have already paid and have your receipt or paper with all the info on it just go to the right and speak to the officer or show that to him and you will be asked to stand in front of one of the two offices on the west side or go right in if no one is in there.

Even though the line was out to the sidewalk today we were able to bypass that and were out in five minutes. You show your paper and the nice lady looked up our info on the computer and printed the blank form with sticker and card right up for us.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that.

I paid in Jocotepec several weeks as that is where I live. I went back to their Joco office this week and still no stickers-they still said April.

I wonder if I can go wo the Chapala office with my receipt and get stickers.  

16 hours ago, cedros said:

Thanks for posting that.

I paid in Jocotepec several weeks as that is where I live. I went back to their Joco office this week and still no stickers-they still said April.

I wonder if I can go wo the Chapala office with my receipt and get stickers.  

Yes you can! I paid in Jocotepec last week and went to the Chapala office the following day and was issued my sticker.  😊

1 hour ago, DeborahM said:

Yes you can! I paid in Jocotepec last week and went to the Chapala office the following day and was issued my sticker.  😊

Thanks.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:07 AM, DeborahM said:

Not today. So after paying in Jocotepec 3 weeks ago and going back several times for the sticker I went to Chapala to try and get a sticker there. I was first in line for the back office to get tjaretas but after waiting for 15 minutes while the lady in the back office counted her money the lady was adamant that I could not pay in Chapala. She insisted I had to return to Joco to get the sticker. But they won't have them in Jococ until April and i won't be here then. 

So I will do what some have suggested.-forget about the sticker-just carry the paid receipt in the vehicle. 

The Recaudadora (sp?) in Chapala today was very busy as it is the last day for the biggest discount. As the security guard said today-why bother with the lineup today as it is only a few pesos that you are saving. Their parking lot was full. It is curious to watch the people in the lineup to pay patiently shuffle from chair to chair.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:21 PM, Youngtimer said:

For those of you waiting to hear if the stickers are in Chapala before you go or have already paid the stickers are in.

If you have already paid and have your receipt or paper with all the info on it just go to the right and speak to the officer or show that to him and you will be asked to stand in front of one of the two offices on the west side or go right in if no one is in there.

Even though the line was out to the sidewalk today we were able to bypass that and were out in five minutes. You show your paper and the nice lady looked up our info on the computer and printed the blank form with sticker and card right up for us.

Where is the office in Chapala?

I've not ever been there. I went with friends to get their INAPAM card once. Is it the same place?

52 minutes ago, tomwins said:

Where is the office in Chapala?

I've not ever been there. I went with friends to get their INAPAM card once. Is it the same place?

It is at Calle Degollado #306. A different location that where you get your INAPAM card. There is a parking lot on the west side of it.