Chapala.com Webboard

Shipping iPhone via Ishop & Mail

Susan111

Hi there, 

I am thinking of having an iPhone shipped from AT&T in the US to Ishop & Mail via the Lima Loop address in Laredo Texas. Of interest is if anyone has had any experience doing this, and shipping some kind of more 'expensive' equipment. 

Would love to hear your thoughts and any advice you might have!

Regards, 

Susan

As another option, go to the Telcel store next to Alexs' Pasta Bar across from El Torito and price the model you want there. It may be a bit more but you don't pay until they make it work transferring SIM cards. They'll also helop transfer apps from old to new phone assuming the purchase is an upgrade.

I returned my phone from here to US under warranty and when they shipped it back they charged me 3500 pesos for import tax even though the only cost on the paperwork was around $50 shipping and handling charge and it was not a new phone. I Looked it up on Telcel and calculated the Tax as if it was new based on the price from Telcel and it should not have even been 3500 pesos. I Have no clue how or where they determined the fee. There shouldn't have been any but even if I had ordered a new one it would not have been 3500 pesos. I went on Amazon and acted like I was purchasing my phone. But your stuck. If you can't get someone to bring it down I would just order the AT&T version through Amazon or see if AT&T will ship DHL or FEDEX. Do not use the mail services. I could not even imagine what I would have had to go through if it was damaged in shipping.

11 hours ago, chicamysterious said:

I returned my phone from here to US under warranty and when they shipped it back they charged me 3500 pesos for import tax even though the only cost on the paperwork was around $50 shipping and handling charge and it was not a new phone. I Looked it up on Telcel and calculated the Tax as if it was new based on the price from Telcel and it should not have even been 3500 pesos. I Have no clue how or where they determined the fee. There shouldn't have been any but even if I had ordered a new one it would not have been 3500 pesos. I went on Amazon and acted like I was purchasing my phone. But your stuck. If you can't get someone to bring it down I would just order the AT&T version through Amazon or see if AT&T will ship DHL or FEDEX. Do not use the mail services. I could not even imagine what I would have had to go through if it was damaged in shipping.

Why would you ship it back to the US for warranty work.. When I purchased my IPad last August from the Apple store they told me all Apple products have a worldwide warranty...