Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Driver license

Mijo

You need ID, visa, copy of light bill plus original. Copies of all listed. There is a new office in the Outlet Mall on Lopez Mateos on way into Guadalajara. Next to Copels.Lots of parking.  If it is your first license then you may have to take a test. Good luck. 

• Like 1

If you have a current valid driving license from anywhere, take that with you and it MAY negate the need to take a driving test. You will also be asked your blood type.

https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/tramite-de-licencias-de-conducir-2020

The above link shows pricing BUT the requirements are different than the link for 2019... but the 2019 link still read as needing FM2 or FM3 for foreigners and those documents have been obsolete for a while.... It'll kinda be a crap shoot doing it by yourself the first time but I'm sure you'll get through it.

I remember getting ours in San Miguel in 1997... took two days of trips to various locations 1) to pay and get receipt 2) blood work (they didn't believe we actually knew our blood type 3) vision testing and a certificate 4) getting photos of the correct size. I think it will be a whole lot easier now.... and I used to be an organ donor but now they just take one look at me and don't ask any more. ;)

• Like 1