Chapala.com Webboard

Vehicle Registration Documents Kept In Vehicle?

southland

Just went through paying annual registration for my Mexican plated vehicles.

QUESTION: Which original documents, besides the hologram stuck to the windshield, are to be kept inside the vehicle.

I have been warned against keeping all original documents from Registration in the vehicle to guard against theft.

OTOH, I have been told to keep an original of something inside the vehicle, but I can't remember what?

I prefer to keep xerox copies in my vehicle but have been told the Transito Vial wants to see at least one original.

Which one is it? The half-sheet with all data? The whole multi-colored sheet that contains the driver regist. wallet card?

Thanks.

(BTW, I checked for other threads b4 posting and found no answers.)

The paper document you receive with your sticker should be kept in a file in your house.  If you should ever sell your car you will need this document for each year you paid the tax.

Yes, carry the small Tarjeta de Circulacion  with you.  If you are stopped by the police this and your drivers license is what they ask for. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Floradude said:

If you should ever sell your car you will need this document for each year you paid the tax.

This is no longer true. Now they just look it up on the computer. If you are the buyer and they see an amount is due, you have to pay it before they proceed with the transaction. I just went thru this in Dec in Joco.