Chapala.com Webboard

Building New OXXO in Ajijic

Taaffe

27 minutes ago, Xena said:

I was not saying the locations were the same, just neither is perfect. You have no idea how this will all work out but you are determined to be outraged. The point is,  it was approved (if it indeed it was). You must have way more energy, are much healthier, and/or enjoy a way simpler life than I. I just do not enough left in me to get so worked up over things I have zero control over. Carry on.

Not outraged, just pointing out you are comparing apples and oranges here.  Clearly you don't like that much since most of your post is a personal commentary rather than discussing the point and explaining your views as to why the two situations are comparable.  I apologize if pointing that out offended you.

What I do know is that when the people just roll over and take whatever government does to them it usually doesn't turn out too well.  That certainly is being illustrated here with current development trends and the advanced state of neglect of much of this municipio outside the boundaries of Chapala itself.

This is all an academic discussion since the current government is basically approving whatever anyone wants to build regardless of the appropriateness of it.  That was the point I was making and I saw no need to comment on your state of health, energy level or mental state none of which I have a clue about or are relevant to this discussion.

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Not outraged, just pointing out you are comparing apples and oranges here.  Clearly you don't like that much since most of your post is a personal commentary rather than discussing the point and explaining your views as to why the two situations are comparable. 

What I do know is that when the people just roll over and take whatever government does to them it usually doesn't turn out too well.  That certainly is being illustrated here with current development trends and the advanced state of neglect of much of this municipio outside the boundaries of Chapala itself.

This is all an academic discussion since the current government is basically approving whatever anyone wants to build regardless of the appropriateness of it.  That was the point I was making and I saw no need to comment on your state of health, energy level or mental state none of which I have a clue about.  Next time you might want to recognize you are in the same position and stick to the point being discussed.

Sorry you don’t like my opinion and personal views or how I express them. Since this is a public forum I will continue to write them. Well, at least until you make a long reply and then Mod2 locks the thread.  😁

• Haha 1

Your opinions about the topic are fine whether I agree with them or not.  Your personal comments about me or any other poster are gratuitous and detract from the discussion.  I've noticed that when someone can't address the topic a frequent strategy is to shift to addressing the person as a distraction from that.

There's no reason for the thread to be locked unless some folks decide to start personally attacking others.  Were you planning on doing that?

And as you should have noticed by now I don't moderate threads in which I participate significantly in.  I defer to Mod 5 in those cases.

Shall we return to the topic now?

MC, I know nothing about your personal life nor do I care to. I am saying that to me  (in my opinion) people who have the energy to get worked up over the things you do usually don’t have very many other things in their life to worry. That makes you fortunate. That is my opinion and it may be wrong, just as your opinions could be wrong. Like other posters here you have a firm idea of what, when, and how people should be using the forum. To me, it’s all part of the topic. Again, we have different opinions. 

And I am happy to hear you have stopped moderating threads you are participating in. That was a sore point for some of us. And we disagree upon the reasons threads got locked, but that is also a matter of opinion. 

I wish there was an OXXO in every block in every part of the villages, so I get my morning coffee quicker……..just my opinion and nothing personal against OXXO naysayers…..LOL....and I can wait until the delivery trucks get finished.

OXXO´s, topes, pot holes, mordida loving cops, trash on the streets, endless public works going no where, lots of traffic on the weekends, y muchos mexicanos...……….Aw hell, that´s Mexico and why I love it here.  There are plenty of other places in the world that don´t have ALL these distinguishing characteristics for people who can´t enjoy our UNIQUENESS.

! VIVA MEXICO ¡

• Like 2

Oxxo coffee is good but it isn't THAT good, LOL.  I do look for it when traveling on the moto, it is generally better than hotel coffee for sure.

There are many places in Mexico that do quite well without trashy streets and potholes everywhere.  Some are quite close, even.  I suggest you take some time and go visit these places for a more positive view of this country.  Not everywhere is as badly run as our local municipio, in fact I've had the privilege of visiting and staying in quite a number of them.

I guess I do have more than the usual amount of energy being able to tool around on a 125 HP motorcycle for weeks at a time and get up in the morning and go paint out graffiti.  I also firmly believe we only have as good of communities as we make them.  I'm definitely not a defeatist.

1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

I wish there was an OXXO in every block in every part of the villages, so I get my morning coffee quicker……..just my opinion and nothing personal against OXXO naysayers…..LOL....and I can wait until the delivery trucks get finished.

OXXO´s, topes, pot holes, mordida loving cops, trash on the streets, endless public works going no where, lots of traffic on the weekends, y muchos mexicanos...……….Aw hell, that´s Mexico and why I love it here.  There are plenty of other places in the world that don´t have ALL these distinguishing characteristics for people who can´t enjoy our UNIQUENESS.

! VIVA MEXICO ¡

Si si!  My thingy quota has expired again,

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Oxxo coffee is good but it isn't THAT good, LOL.  I do look for it when traveling on the moto, it is generally better than hotel coffee for sure.

There are many places in Mexico that do quite well without trashy streets and potholes everywhere.  Some are quite close, even.  I suggest you take some time and go visit these places for a more positive view of this country. 

I have been to Mazamitla more times than you have years and I´m sick and tired of it. I have lived and worked all over Mexico and I´m just fine with the north shore of Lake Chapala, but carry on with your crusade, as that´s your desire and right, I just am not interested in being any part of it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I have been to Mazamitla more times than you have years and I´m sick and tired of it. I have lived and worked all over Mexico and I´m just fine with the north shore of Lake Chapala, but carry on with your crusade, as that´s your desire and right, I just am not interested in being any part of it.

Yes!!!

8 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Good for you.  That wasn't the point however, whether you are sick of it or not.  The point was it is well maintained and kept clean unlike Ajijic.  I could name a dozen similar well kept towns in all directions from here within a half day's ride most of which are not tourist towns.  If you are as well traveled as you claim you would know this.

I was responding to the suggestion that the condition of most of this municipio outside of Chapala is typically Mexican. 

No, it is not.   And it didn't use to be that way here either.

That is the point.  

On 1/24/2020 at 3:15 PM, Mostlylost said:

Oxxo is a franchise. The parent company is also the owner of Coca Cola in Mexico. 

Like any franchise the owner can ask for a location. If Oxxo approves I am sure they help with permits etc.  In Chapala there are 2 within 1 block. 

Ajijic ceased being a quaint pueblito about 25 years ago. In Mazamitla which is a Pueblo Magico there is a bank fronting the plaza.

You can complain all you want, but the town is changing. If you want to live in a quaint little town, there hundreds within 1 hour of here. But you will have to live a quaint little town lifestyle

OXXO business model is not a franchise. The OXXO corporation owns all of them. They sign contracts with operators who get a certain percentage of the profit with each product sold with the percentages varied by product.

All vendors are paid by the OXXO corporation which they also order for each location.

If theft is high in one of their locations the operator's contract is cancelled.

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Thank you for posting that.  Here is the google translation to English.  https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsemanariolaguna.com%2F48667%2F   

The fact that NO ONE, no one in the Chapala municipio, no one in the Ajijic delegation, would say whether it was true (or not) is most telling.  This shroud of secrecy, even when asked a simple direct question (who is building what at a specific address) is the reason corruption continues to flourish here.