Chapala.com Webboard

Allergist? or, allergy testing?

kimanjome

I've been through the wringer in the past few months, and in getting to the heart of the matter it appears I have allergic reactions to certain things I am ingesting. Already discovered nuts, eggs, and maltodextrin (of all things), as well as certain strains of probiotics. Within 20-30 minutes of putting something in my mouth my nose starts to run, my eyes burn, my throat swells up, my chest gets tight...and then it goes to the digestive system from there, misery for hours.

A CT scan showed an inflamed colon, due to eating irritating foods. I'm on Proton-Pump  Inhibitors now,  but it's a temporary fix. Also  I have Candida overgrowth in my gut (verified by Chopo) which can of course cause leaky gut and exacerbate the entire situation.  Well no wonder, in 10 months I have been on strong antibiotics for 6 separate occasions! 

I need to get tested (doing the elimination diet now, but it is slow going) to find out what more is wrong with me. Chopo does food testing but I think only 3 items???? 

Does anyone have suggestions?