Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
bdmowers

seen surgical tubing lakeside?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone seen (actually) surgical tubing lakeside possibly for purchase?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Jreboll and there are currently a number of different diameters available at the Truper Store between Handy Mail and iShop... on the west wall just inside the entrance.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a big difference between surgical tubing and pvc tubing .Visually they may look the same but functionally, no. Surgical is flexible and can be used in slingshots among other things. A medical supply place would be the best source,not a hardware store.

surgical tubing.jpg

pvc tubing.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are indeed very different. On the other hand, the OP didn't say what he wanted it for which would really be the indicator of which would be best for the purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ferret said:

They are indeed very different. On the other hand, the OP didn't say what he wanted it for which would really be the indicator of which would be best for the purpose.

His mention of[actually] surgical tubing can't be more clear as to what he wants.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, artsnob said:

The medical supply in west Ajijic 

I don`t know where this is.   Would you be able to give a better description of the location?  Name, street, landmark?  Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the carretera, lakeside, in the small strip at corner of Aquiles Serdan, same shopping strip has Vinos America shop.  Strip is just west of Bobby's La Terraza and just east of Pale' restaurants, if that helps.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, happyjillin said:

There is a big difference between surgical tubing and pvc tubing .Visually they may look the same but functionally, no. Surgical is flexible and can be used in slingshots among other things. A medical supply place would be the best source,not a hardware store.

surgical tubing.jpg

pvc tubing.jpg

Both are used in surgery.  Believe me, I worked in surgery many years.

pvc tubing and pvc pipe are two different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Both are used in surgery.  Believe me, I worked in surgery many years.

pvc tubing and pvc pipe are two different things.

The pvc as I pictured is what I am using on my oxygen machines. They have different functions in surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clear pvc is most commonly used.  It’s used for suction, air, oxygen, CO2 among other things. It comes in 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2” ID.

The thick rubber tubing is most often used for chest bottle drainage. They can be “milked” to keep them patent and don’t loose their elasticity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, Jreboll said:

Clear pvc is most commonly used.  It’s used for suction, air, oxygen, CO2 among other things. It comes in 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2” ID.

The thick rubber tubing is most often used for chest bottle drainage. They can be “milked” to keep them patent and don’t loose their elasticity.

I need tubing that is elastic, stretchable - surgical tubing.  It does not exist in the medical supply place on the carretera in Ajijic, nor in any of the famacias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked on MercadoLibre and searched for surgical tubing and came up with a photo of what you want with arrows to the right for more vendors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ferret said:

 

3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I just looked on MercadoLibre and searched for surgical tubing and came up with a photo of what you want with arrows to the right for more vendors.

Yes, they have it on their site, but it comes from China.  On the slow boat.   And I just got a note from them that the slow boat just got slower because of a particular virus that is they're having a bit of  problem with.

Thanks, both, for looking out for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bdmowers said:

I need tubing that is elastic, stretchable - surgical tubing.  It does not exist in the medical supply place on the carretera in Ajijic, nor in any of the famacias.

Try the SAT Hospital or their pharmacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Try the SAT Hospital or their pharmacy.

Thanks, good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dennis clark said:

Did you find any surgical tubing?

No, never did.  I went to the medical supply place just north of the main part of Ajijic where everyone said to go but they didn`t have it. I was going to use it for home gym purposes,  bought some from Mercado Libre which never came (from China) then found bicycle inner tubing and have used that to contruct my home gym. Thanks for asking!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...