Chapala.com Webboard
sm1mex

Recommendations for optical place for new prescription lens

I have a new prescription for glasses and need to take my old glasses to an optical place to get the new prescription put in. Recommendations please

I used Dr. Pinto the first time but they came back and they weren’t right so they had to be resent in. The next time I used Dr. Camacho and my sunglasses came back with a flaw in the color and also I had to look out of the bottom of the lens to be clear with the right eye and the top of the left lens to be clear with the left eye so they weren’t right. The doctor did not make the glasses but whoever the provider was they didn’t come back correct.

That’s why I’m looking for somebody that’s had some good luck with a  provider here at Lakeside.

With progressives, it is imperative that you be fitted and that the lens markings be made by a technician sitting at eye level with you. If great care is not taken, the transition line will be either too high or too low, and you will be unhappy with the glasses.

That said, you may be able to make small adjustments yourself, by adjusting the nose pads wider to lower the glasses, or higher to raise them.

It has little to do with luck.  Luz, at LCS is excellent, and can get you fitted correctly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guiness said:

Pintos are the worst. So blurry. Terrible. 

Not my or my partner's experience at all, and we both have complicated prescriptions. 

• Confused 1

My experience was the same as Guiness' experience. Maybe Dr. Pinto has good days and bad days. Not really what I want in an eye Doctor.

• Like 2

Costco

Is there an eye doctor who works with patients who have had cataract surgery?  I had the surgery around 10 years ago but notice that my vision is getting progressively blurry. 
TIA

54 minutes ago, Wait. What? said:

Is there an eye doctor who works with patients who have had cataract surgery?  I had the surgery around 10 years ago but notice that my vision is getting progressively blurry. 
TIA

Dra Claudia Camacho - 3334033857

• Like 1

Luz @ LCS is probably the best with progressive eyeglasses.  She is there on Thursdays, and you need an appointment.  She has a sign-up sheet.  My glasses were done perfectly.  She is not cheap! But, worth the price.

• Like 1

I would recommend Zeni Optical. Got my prescription from Dr. Claudia Camacho and then ordered the glasses from Zeni. Very happy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Confused said:

I would recommend Zeni Optical. Got my prescription from Dr. Claudia Camacho and then ordered the glasses from Zeni. Very happy

How do they get progressives properly aligned without fitting you?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Wait. What? said:

Gracias....do also happen to have her phone number 🥴

Ummmmmooopppps....just saw your courtesy web site 😳that, ummmmm, has the phone number.   Quite embarrassed.......muchas gracias again!