Chapala.com Webboard
gringal

Emanuel's Restaurant

A couple of friends had lunch there yesterday.  They said the food was good, but that the bread used for the club sandwich was "too crunchy".

Any other experiences/comments?

4 of us had dinner on Tues and it was delicious all around. Might be the best of the higher end restaurants.

• Like 1

I've seen his regularly renewed menus on his FaceBook page. I am not excited about his high prices.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I've seen his regularly renewed menus on his FaceBook page. I am not excited about his high prices.

I know you're a thrifty guy.....so how high is "high"?😉  For instance?  (I don't use FB)

Based on his menus, 80p for a bowl of soup (no idea how big) is excessive. In fact, I find 60p excessive. It's soup. However, since everyone seems to be charging that these days, what's a poor boy to do. Maybe the shrimp and mussel soup, but corn soup? Nah.

$180p for a tapa; a breaded croquette stuffed with goat cheese. I hope that's some whale-sized tapa. Same price for ratatouille, which to me is a side dish, not a tapa of any kind. $110 for a salad.

$160p at the fancy new burger place, for a hamburger with a mushroom instead of meat, is excessive. $220 for a burger with any kind of meat is ridiculous.

Decent prices used to top out at $129. Now $139-159 seems to be the standard. (Not talking about steak, although I am hard-pressed to find a steak around here worth the money anyway.)

The last meal I had at Emanuel's, a few weeks ago, was one of the best meals I've had in 12 years liviing here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it's that good, then it may be worth a try. We shall see.

Located west of Ajijic, mountain side, across from Villa Lucerna, his previous location. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:40 AM, Kyle said:

Is the lunch menu the same as the evening menu?

No, he has a separate menu for lunch. Nachos, pastas, salads, soup of the day, fish of the day - smaller portions and a lower price. I love this place. He is such a talented young man who loves to cook and serves up beautiful plates of food visually. A group of us (8) were there last Friday and we all had a great experience. It was first time to go to lunch. I've been a regular dinner patron for a year or so. 

You get what you pay for at this restaurant. He's choices of proteins are interesting and well prepared and you are treated to a delightful evening or afternoon. It's a great place for a romantic dinner. 

• Like 1